NOD32 Server 03 Compatability Issue

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by arrowsmithmidwest, Nov 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arrowsmithmidwest

arrowsmithmidwest Registered Member

For the Local shire here, they are using Server 2003 Standard.
    Everything is normal environment except for one thing. That is a program called Universe made by IBM which can be view here for details: https://www-927.ibm.com/software/data/u2/support/u2techconnect/uv10pe.asp

Universe is like a server database manager i guess.

And then they run a database program called SynergySoft, this program is like the child database program for universe, it holds all the accounting details and other sort of data for the local shire.

Anyway, more to the point, I cannot run NOD32 on the server as Synergysoft doesn't work on the server or any workstation while NOD is present, and yes, i have done all exclusions in AMON and IMON to be safe, i have put the compatability bar on compatable, i had NOD fully updated, it was a fresh download. And i have had this same issue before, but last time they were on NT server, and the only way it worked was when i downloaded the beta version of V2, but since then the server has upgraded/all hardware aswell to 2003.

I have ran through all of this with NOD support but i dont think that they could solve the problem or i told them to give up because it was working with V2.

Does anyone have any idea's, and i also guess i will have to re-submit the issue to NOD support.

Thanks and sorry for long post.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Marcos made a statement in this thread about server configs.
    Don't know if it will help or not.

3. arrowsmithmidwest

Ok when i get a bit more info, i might try that. Its hard to just try things though as the server is onsite, and it means a dozen people can't do any work while the server is reseting, etc., installing and uninstalling NOD. while nod is installed.

The other thing i should add aswell, i know this doesnt kill the process, but when i goto the control Centre and goto Quit, Synergysoft still doesnt work.

cheers

4. arrowsmithmidwest

any more idea's before i try this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.