"No commands for booting OS"

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by vinyamar777, Jun 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vinyamar777

vinyamar777 Registered Member

I began a new partition, hoping ultimately to find out how to put WinXPH2 into one exclusively for it, keeping data elsewhere. Then I installed the OS selector for possible use later in installing Linux. Then I moved some data & ran a Norton defrag.
    Next morning (yesterday) I couldn't get beyond a boot up screen - "no command for booting OS...press <enter>". The Acronis Disc Director Suite 10 CD seemed only to allow me to do some partitioning; here I do some petitioning. Hellllp please. F8 doesn't help either. I don't wish to risk changing BIOS even if I can get into it - it's <delete> when booting, yesss?:doubt:

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

If you have made the boot CD then try booting with this and then click on activate OSS, it will then reboot itself come abck to the DD10 menu, then select continue booting windows.

Assuming the boot files for XP are still lurking you should be able to boot into windows - and all should be well after a normal shutdown.

Colin

3. vinyamar777

bodgy

Thanks. Hadn't a boot CD.

However, Acronis were speedy after they picked up on my problem and trying this n that, I found my WinXPH CD, then on boot up "press any key" got it going, letting it whirr until offering "Recovery Console". This then offered loading either 1# G/miniNT or 2# C/Windows. Option 2 hit a password snag. Option 1 allowed me to type "fixmbr", and after strong warnings about knocking partition tables into inaccessibility I hit "y" and Bob's yer uncle, breathe again!

I then went through "Start/All programs/Acronis/Acronis Disk Director/Acronis/OS Selector/Tools/Deactivate Acronis OS Selector/Reboot computer" and Windows looks so beautiful (absence makes the heart grow fonder!).

Acronis might be good with partitions but don't think I'd try them again for OSS.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

5. vinyamar777

Think it's sussed 4 now.

Chow.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.