Error message at bootup

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by axslinger, May 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. axslinger

axslinger Registered Member

Using DD 10 with two options: XP and 98. Has been working fine. However, suddenly, before I get to the OS selector, I get a DOS level error, and I don't recall verbatim, but it is to the effect of "Can't execute program" or "error executing program", then a F6 and Esc option. If I tried something, it would just do repeat the same message after a few seconds. So, as a test, I hit Enter then quickly hit F6 before it had a chance to spit out the error again, and it went straight into XP.

Since then, all seems to be well, however I fear that at some point I will completely lose access to both OS's and be SOL. Anybody know what causes this? A fix? A work around? A safety net?

Brian

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Brian,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Most likely your hard drive's MBR (Master Boot Record) was affected for some reason. Most recent reasons are defragmentation of the hard drive, or installation of any program that changes the MBR.

In most cases the MBR fixing can help you to resolve this issue. You can find the instructions on how to fix MBR in Acronis Help Post. Please also note that you will need to re-activate Acronis OS Selector after fixing the MBR.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.