Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0.X releases

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by AdvancedSetup, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

2. Victek

Victek Registered Member

You didn't answer my question, which is what kind of update is needed? I don't feel that updates are necessary to prove it hasn't been abandoned.

3. Hiltihome

Hiltihome Registered Member

+1

4. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

a flawless working program (in most cases) dont need modifications - i think they focus on the integration. if some has trouble go support and no pointless babble.

5. plat1098

plat1098 Guest

Respectfully, a "flawless" program is in the eyes of the beholder. A discussion pertaining to the topic can include just about anything, including subject matter that doesn't appeal to everyone. Personally, I've received great advice on this forum regarding software with its own dedicated forums.

Vis-a-vis the integration, is this a fact or still speculation? Regardless, the corporation is large and rich enough to provide continuous support as well as devote its resources to integrating its various software. What if you want a standalone product like the anti-exploit? Must you purchase or install the entire Malwarebytes program just to get one part of it? Since it appears Malwarebytes has various software adjuncts at its disposal now, why doesn't it create a firewall/security suite, like say, avast! ? I asked a Malwarebytes administrator that once and got a very strong response--very defensive, almost angry. No lie.

6. guest

guest Guest

The result in the MRG test were quite poor is far below its competitors like zemana in terms of protection, I guess there is a lot to do then

7. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Fair enough; I wasn't aware that MBAM had done poorly on that test. Can you link to the scores?

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  8. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

I think this is the test @guest is referring to.

https://www.mrg-effitas.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/MRG-Effitas-360-Assessment-Q2-2016.pdf

9. guest

guest Guest

Yes, that is, in page 9 and 10 you have the summary.

10. boredog

boredog Registered Member

for some reason every time I run the basic scan a shot way through the scan my computer crashes gathers info and reboots. anyone else seeing this?

doesn't seem to crash during a hyper scan just the threat scan

11. boredog

UPDATE:

uninstalled and reinstalled with same issue. when crash occurs, the light blue screen of death reads page fault in non page area. faulting file is the swissarmy.sys file.

12. boredog

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.