KIS 2012 - Public Beta

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by DonKid, Feb 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marcoesse

marcoesse Registered Member

2. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Yeah, I had the latest version of 2011 on my PC for a time, and scan times were not bad either, especially if you take into account that the system scan also scans archives and ISO's, however the problem is that some small files take minutes to scan, while similar files are scanned within seconds.

Nice thanks :)

3. Duradel

Duradel Registered Member

Can't wait for the new Kaspersky. Only 2 days to go :)

4. yaslaw

yaslaw Registered Member

Coninue discussion from https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=1882974#post1882974

This is pure nonsense. Kaspersky devs doesn't want to acknowledge serious bug that cause this 50% cpu to be occupied by avp.exe. I admit that this happen only for some users but there was numerous (yes numerous) reports about this to take it seriously.
    Instead they prefer to work on "patch A" which is focused on some minor error like (quotations from their forum)
    "- forum: FR: Gadget GUI is not working good
    - forum: GUI: Saferun button in reports
    - forum: FR: Tray icon take time to appears
    - GUI: One bug on alert "Firewall" (apply to all)
    - Forum: CN: Self Defence: Kaspersky driver can be deleted by script"

And again no one is interested in getting traces from computers that are affected !
    I wrote on their forum that I'm willing to help , but I can't reinstall kis due to error. And since few last days nothing, nada They asked me for logs and nothing more happened....

It's completely opposite experience than instead with Panda or Avast.
    When I had the problem with their software they offered even a remote session with their technician to trace roots of the problem (thanks Pbust!).
    The same with Avast, they are relatively small company (in the meaning of number of developers), but on their forum, they acts MUCH MUCH quickly in the case of discovered bugs (and they heave very pro-user oriented approach - please see for example this topic.
    I'm tired with kaspersky. I was willing to contribute with test of kis and to deliver all necessarily logs and so on, but I got feeling that no one there is really interested in solving this bug... sorry and bye to kaspersky!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  5. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Sorry that you feel that way...looks like you are in a minority hence perhaps why there has been little or no response to you issue...or perhaps it is just that the Dev Team are busy getting KIS 2012 ready for release, etc...anyway, good luck with Avast & Panda...if that is where you are going.

6. ace11

ace11 Registered Member

+1
    Kaspersky forum moderators were and are arrogant and block users from helping fingering bugs.
    This is my personal experience in the past and now days.
    So , Kaspersky forum moderators are , practically , discouraging the average public beta tester to make notes about problem.
    The same exact behavior was noted @KIS 2011 , where before release many users pointed about Win7 freeze (due to KIS2011) upon using the native OS photo viewer.
    Their comments were deleted from the relevant thread by the moderators :)
    Needless to say that KIS2011 was released with this bug and it made manyyy people to uninstall it and move on to different vendor.

7. Lucius

Lucius Registered Member

Well, of course that kind of posts are removed. It's so annoying that everybody already knows that there is problem but people still keep posting same thing again and again. So, of course that kind of posts are removed because there is no need to post same thing all over again.

Kaspersky devs already knows all of these bugs, but they handle things like they do. Not all like their style (including me) but hey, what can I do? Keep posting same post? Kaspersky forum moderators do the right thing.

8. Rampastein

Rampastein Registered Member

Agreed. I also dislike how slowly the KL devs fix bugs, but they know about the issue when one tester has posted about it and provided traces. The remaining "I also have this bug" posts without traces are useless as the developers already know about the problem (and without traces they don't know what caused it for the tester who confirmed it).

The devs knew about the Photo Viewer bug way before KIS 2011's release, but didn't get enough time to fix it (rushed release). Some of these one-core CPU issues with 2012 have also been reported a long time ago, but have not been fixed yet (not enough testers reproducing them with traces or lack of development time or both I guess).

9. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Have to agree with you, Lucius...repetitive posting on the same issue and then repeated expressions of frustration do not serve to advance the resolution of the issue per se. On balance it is frustrating that there is little or no response but at the end of the day Kaspersky Labs have their plan/approach and we just have to live with it once we have made our representation.

This sort of thing has happened to me in the past and has frustrated the hell out of me...in some cases I have said goodbye & moved on...in others I have stuck it out, etc.

There are after all a lot of other good ISs out there to choose from so if one is not happy with the way the supplier is responding...move on...to something/someone else's product.

Just my half penny's worth...for what it is worth. :D

10. yaslaw

yaslaw Registered Member

Funny, I though that it's really helpfull for them to know how many peoples are affected by particular issue. If only I and one other person have problem it could be easily ignored, but when more people complain it shoud be taken into consideration that this could be a serious problem. So why they are so keen to delete post with information that "I too have a problem" but posts with information "It's working great here..." are left..

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=209139&view=findpost&p=1668956

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=209358&view=findpost&p=1669472

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=209358&view=findpost&p=1669476

etc etc..
    IMHO "negative" opinion are much more valuable to devs.

And regarding your statement. More people could attach their logs/traces it they were kindly ask about that, instead of deleting their post.
    It's how the avast team is working on their forum...

11. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

I think we had enough on the subject why posts are deleted on some other forum. No more please

12. Nekromantik

Nekromantik Registered Member

Kaspersky dont let you upgrade to new versions if you got a current licence do they?

my only issue with 2011 was kis would stop protection every time i opened a website that used java.

13. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

In line with other AV, a new version can be installed for as long as the licence is current

14. 3x0gR13N

3x0gR13N Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.