Kaspersky 2012 is a rootkit killer

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by King Grub, May 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yaslaw

yaslaw Registered Member

yup.. thread regarding 374 build was deleted, and created from start.
    Kaspersky moderators have quite controversial method to run this site..

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

It's a shame as otherwise they have a very good product.

But it looks like the gold version will be released with this bug.

3. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I have tested on multiple machines and have not had the CPU issue. I suspect it is either hardware specific or a conflict with other software.

Threads sometimes disappear. I don't expect it was anything but an accident or mistake.

4. yaslaw

yaslaw Registered Member

this was beta forum. Even older threads are still keep. This is not. It's fine that you are not affected, but there was numerous reports about it.

5. xxJackxx

I am aware of that thread, I likely had posts in it. As you stated, some older ones still exist so I expect someone blew it out be mistake unless they admitted otherwise.

There are numerous reports of the CPU problem and I am not trying to deny its existence. But unless they can identify what is causing it they cannot fix it. Hopefully someone that is having the issue can work with them to identify the problem. It is not a general problem that everyone is having. Do you have any other real time antimalware running?

6. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

I have seen it on four different machines and this is with no other security software installed.

I am a member of several different forums and this is the first time I have seen a thread "disappear".

7. xxJackxx

Is there any hardware common to those 4 machines? Was Windows Defender and Windows Firewall disabled?

I have seen threads disappear from forums. I have seen forum admins ban themselves by accident and not be able to get back in. Stuff happens.

8. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Thank you xxJackxx for bringing a bit of sense into this about the "thread that disappeared".

First of all it was not "moderators" who deleted the thread, i was i Don Pelotas, old and feeble as i am and no other moderator should be called "controversial" exept me regarding that thread. ;)

I can assure you all that nothing major was deleted....all had been reviewed/logged already and the thread had already gone offtrack and a bit stale to be honest. A new one about the very same topic was immediately made after this unfortunate mistake.

It was a general discussion thread, all the important threads about the actual beta testing and reported bugs are still there and the new discussion thread has yielded 5 posts in 7 days...none of them even remotely interesting and not exactly a surprise as that is what happens the closer to release we get IME. Futhermore since a patch "A" is already released it would be more appropriate to discuss whether or not you see anything still regarding the issues you had reported earlier in the pinned topic about this new patch "A".

It was an entirely human error involving an apparantly somewhat elderly person (me) believe it or not. Sometimes in security forums....... the tinfoilhat comes out all too easily, in this case the error was 100% human and not intended at all and it was certainly not because "a number of users" reported [Insert whatever] issue, after all thats why you beta test and make a forum for it isn't? The bottomline is that a person (me) made a mistake.

Hopefully after this explanation you guys can get back to discussing the very nice new version 2012, a big upgrade over 2010/11 IMHO. :)

9. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Hi DP

Nice of you to drop by and bring some sense to all of this.

Fully agree with you as to the nature of the thread amd the direction it was going. Particularly helpful it was not and hopefully by pointing out that Patch A is out and about (some may have missed that being so intent on posting) some pertinent feedback will now be received.

I have to say that I am one of the 'lucky' ones if all the hooha that is going on. Tested on 2 systems; one dual core & qone quad core and no sign of the issue either before or after Patch A...and no apparent change to speed or stability of Build 374...a good sign for those not experiencing the 'issue'.

Regards

Balders

10. TJP

TJP Registered Member

Same situation for me, patch A hasn't hindered the operation of my PC either and KIS 2012 was working great prior to patching.

I did have issues with avp.exe hogging CPU cycles with KIS 2011 until I disabled the KL Firefox add-ons. The add-ons remain disabled with KIS 2012 installed and I'm yet to have avp.exe issue :cool:

Edit: avp.exe CPU hogging had been a non issue until I visisted www.vbulletin-germany.com (mentioned in the Beta lesting thread) and KIS 2012 went crazy :( avp.exe straight to 99% CPU usage and remained so until I shut the PC down.

Looks like KIS 2012 needs more beta testing.

Cheers.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  11. yaslaw

yaslaw Registered Member

12. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

ot posts removed

13. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

working fine here on my pc, for last 5 days....

14. ace11

ace11 Registered Member

really ?

try browsing to

www.vbulletin-germany.com

and then check your cpu usage status :)

15. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

That is actually the reason why I uninstalled the Beta, it just started to like the new Kaspersky but then this happened. I am sorry for Kaspersky, but with all the crappy heavy versions of the last couple of years it is really losing my credits. 5 years ago there were only two antiviruses which did matter, ESET and Kaspersky.

16. Narxis

Narxis Registered Member

Im using KIS 2012 374(a) version about 5 days now. Everything is OK but i had similar experiences with KIS 2011, first few weeks were good but after that it started to slow down my PC. I hope the 2012 version is better. For me Kaspersky is a very good security product, lots of settings, sandbox, antibanner and geek stuff, eyecandy GUI. They just need to optimize better and fix the bugs faster.

17. Rampastein

Rampastein Registered Member

For me KIS 2012 works well except that site posted puts the CPU to 50% (eats one core entirely), and Patch A broke the sandbox. I haven't had any high CPU issues except for when visiting that link.

18. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.