Is B&R 10 11844 compatible with Windows 7 x64?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Robin A., Sep 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

When I try to install the Windows Installation Package Uniform Build, release date 10-09-2010, 10.0.11.1184_002 in Windows 7 x64, the following problems arise:

1. The installation freezes at the end. The process cannot be cancelled. In Task Manager there are 6 different processes related to Windows Installer.
    2. Some USB ports in the computer become disabled.
    3. Windows 7 cannot be shut down normally.

Note: There were not any previous B&R version installed.

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Please try to disable antivirus and User Account Control before installation.

It looks like something prevent installation of Paragon drivers.

3. Robin A.

Solved. The problem was not related to UAC, but to DEP.

4. Robin A.

Further comments: I have also noticed that in v. 11844 several interfaces have been “modernized” and streamlined. Good changes, long overdue.

5. Robin A.

I was mistaken. I did managed to get it (B&R 10 Suite version 11.11844) installed, but when I tried to uninstall it several days later, with the same system configuration, the same problem occurred:

The uninstall program froze at the end of the process, Windows could not be rebooted or shut down normally because the install program prevented it. After a manual reset, B&R still appeared installed, but the entry in Control Panel to uninstall it had disappeared. I restored an image to solve this problem.

The program works well for me from the boot media.

6. Robin A.

According to this thread, https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=282992, there are known conflicts between Paragon and Returnil.

Perhaps this is the problem here, I have Returnil installed. And I tried to install the previous B&R 10 Suite, v. 10.10505, and the same problem happened. So it is not a problem with the last version.

For the time being, I am not going to investigate this further. I use Paragon programs from boot media, and it is important for me to keep Returnil installed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.