BSOD on uninstall--Returnil System Safe 2011 v3.2.10351.5418-REL3

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by anga, Sep 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anga

anga Registered Member

Installed trial version of RSS and uninstalled after an hour or so.
    When uninstalling, I was asked to shutdown to complete the uninstallation process. On restarting it gave a BSOD with
    "STOP: 0x0000007B (0xFFFFF880009A9928, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000034, 0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000)"
    This on a 64-bit WIn 7 ultimate system.

Cannot boot into safe mode.
    Using last know good configuration doesn't work.
    Using Windows 7 repair doesn't help.
    Using Windows 7 installation disk to repair doesn't help.

What do I do?

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

The symptoms seem to indicate a conflict with something you already had installed. Can you extract any files from the problem computer? If yes, can you grab the following files and send them to support (dash) tech (at) returnil (dot ) com:

C:\Windows\MINIDUMP - find files with the same date/time as the BSOD

C:\WindowMEMORY.DMP - if the file exists, it may be too large to send via e-mail. If this is true, let me know and I can get you set up with an ftp link to upload the file to our servers.

If you are unable to slave the drive, are you experienced with Linux boot CD/Sticks?

Mike

3. Coldmoon

4. anga

anga Registered Member

Mike:

The thread you posted suggests using booting with last known good configuration and I already tried that.
    I had access to the drive contents but did not want to wait over the weekend. So I restored an older backup and reinstalled the applications. Should have backed up before trying Returnil---lesson learnt!!

Thanks

5. Coldmoon

Hi,
    Thanks for the follow up. The question was not exactly clear so I apologize for any confusion. The purpose of that was to see if:

1. You were using Paragon
    2. The thread had any relevance to the critical stop

If you read through some of the threads here in the Returnil forums, you will see discussions where some using Paragon experience issues when they try to use RVS/RSS and others do not so the conclusion from all reports is mixed/inconclusive. My best suggestion here would be to try installing RSS first and then install Paragon and see if that resolves the issue if you are in fact, using Paragon.

If not Paragon, what other image restore application are you using (if any)?

Mike

6. anga

anga Registered Member

No recovery s/w installed. I boot using recovery disk and then backup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.