i think i have a malware issue.

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by yardpro, Sep 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yardpro

yardpro Registered Member

i think i have a malware issue.

I have roadrunner, and for the past week i have been having extremely poor performance from firefox. It has been connecting to websites very slow, an often it is unable to load the page. Most of the time the page images are not loaded, just the little squars with the broken image symbol.
    I also cannot download anything. I try and donload a 5mb file, and it only downloads 500-700K and says download complete.....

I tried using explorer but am having the same issues.

I tried going to microtrend housecall for a virus scan, and neither firefox or IE will load the site.

i have tries the following software:
    i have norton corperate
    spybot
    spy hunter
    spy shredder

also...
    i have my laptop home, and have no connection issues with it when connected to the same line.

I am connected through a motorola surf board with Voip phone.. no wireless...

i have also tries deleting all the temp folders, adjusting the size of the cache.

lastly i cannot click on ANY google or yahoo search results without being redirected to other search sites, etc...
    i have to copy/paste the link in the adress bar to go there.

2. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

Try downloading these tools from another computer and make a full scan with those:

AVPTool
    Dr.Web CureIt!
    SUPERAntiSpyware
    MalwareBytes Anti-Malware

3. HURST

HURST Registered Member

Emperordarius is right.

From another computer, download the programs he suggested and copy them to a cd or a usb drive.
    I suggest you use the following order:
    1.- MBAM quick scan
    2.- CureIt full scan
    3.- SAS full scan
    4.- AVP tool

If the problem is still there, ask for help in some of this forums. Or you can do a fresh reinstall of windows, in some cases this is faster and easier.

The important thing is to STAY CLEAN. What Security do you use currently?

4. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.