I don't want to beat the old horse but when will TDS4 hit?

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by BEatinganOldhorse, Jul 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Any aprox date?

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi BEatinganOldhorse, :) Well luckily we do have some news...

Originally Posted by Wayne - DiamondCS - Last week

... A new build of Process Guard is due out in the next couple of weeks, followed by TDS4 a couple months later which our beta team will start stress-testing and should be made public not long after that, and WG4 will be the main focus after TDS4 is out, and it will be using several technologies from TDS4 (which is why TDS4 must be developed first, consequently delaying the release of WG4 which was something we couldnt anticipate, but due to the technologies we've created for TDS4 and their effectiveness, it will definately be worth the wait as it will make WG4 that much more powerful).

3. Do you know if TDS3 owners can take part in the BetaTesting?

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

DCS beta testers are usually selected from licenced operators that are active in the forums both public, here at Wilders & the private TDS forums at DCS.

HTH Pilli

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

BEatinganOldhorse
    TheOldHorseisDead

Heyhey what cruelty is this? Only trojan horses are sniped out carefully here and sent of to trojan horse heaven for recycling into nice innocent electrons!

6. tutankamon

tutankamon Registered Member

Hi all,
    So TDS4 is due for release October 2004? (subject to Beta testing)
    sounds good to me.

7. tuatara

tuatara Registered Member

Hi Paul (Wilders),Administrator, Perhaps the text:

"A new build of Process Guard is due out in the next couple of weeks, followed by TDS4 a couple months later which our beta team will start stress-testing and should be made public not long after that, and WG4 will be the main focus after TDS4 is out, and it will be using several technologies from TDS4 (which is why TDS4 must be developed first, consequently delaying the release of WG4 which was something we couldnt anticipate, but due to the technologies we've created for TDS4 and their effectiveness, it will definately be worth the wait as it will make WG4 that much more powerful)."

Can be added to the sticky "TDS-4 READ THIS FIRST"
    then it will be easier to find ..

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=26249

It wouild be nice if all updates regarding TDS-4 were to find on one location,
    it is a interresting subject for many i think .

8. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi tuatara, It is up to Wayne, He will probably see your post and might just do that :)

9. Its been a few weeks now, so I guess Wayne has decided against it....

To be fair there doesn appear to have been another process guard build released yet... or if there has I missed the flashing lights announcing it on the site

10. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

11. Snook

Snook Registered Member

Will TDS-4 be compatable with XP SP12?:)

12. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

SP12? That will take MS lots of time as they're now at SP2 only which gives MS and users all over the world lots of trouble, let alone getting to SP12 in next century most probably.
    Is TDS3 working fine with SP2? Only (!) some 50 programs were mentioned till now to have problems / needing configuration with SP2, did not hear from TDS3 users yet?

13. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Snook, Not sure about SP12 :D but TDS 3 is and TDS4 will be compatible.

Cheers! Pilli

14. Snook

Snook Registered Member

Been running TDS3 for three days now with SP2 and all is well.

15. David N

David N Guest

There's normal time and then there's DCS time. By two weeks is meant in DCS time ' When it's ready' The '2 weeks was just added for the sake of shutting you up.

Patience? I've been told this over and over again and I'm frankly beginning to question the credibility of DCS's word because they keep making promises that they don't keep and I'm not going to be patient anymore. The worms and bugs and trojans are not waiting and so I expect DCS to either get a move on or hire more staff because this situation is totally unfair.

I've bought all their programs and whenever something goes wrong there's NEVER an update and I'm told 'PATIENCE'. No other organisation on the internet behaves like this. We are consumers who have paid for a product that never gets updated and I have been left in the lurch with 2 programs so far that I haven't been able to use because DCS don't update their products.

Even much of DCS technical support is resolved by others on this forum - do we also have to do their updates for them??

If I have offended those who consider DCS God then I'm not sorry at all because I PAID for these programs that NEVER seem to ever get updated and I'm very unhappy with that. No other organisation selling software on the internet could get away with this and it's only because people here are afraid to speak up. There is an air of intimidation if one speaks the truth here. I was told 'to go wash my mouth with soap' simply for criticising DCS prices. So I can't speak or say what I feel even if I have a legitimate bone to picko_O

DCS please get your act together. I am sure I speak for the many who are polite and don't want to offend you out of respect but are also completely fed up with waiting and waiting endlessly for product updates that should have been done years ago

Dave

16. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Its simply not possible to develop a complete new engine quickly, and all the support tools that are required. We will be releasing when its possible ! NOONE wants a scanner which is incomplete and be stuck with that and not have TDS-3. This is what would happen if we released anything now since the new tools wont be compatible for making TDS-3 updates anymore. Maintaining 2 sets of tools would mean for me headaches from the hassles required to double up on everything I do - which would result in less updates being provided

17. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Wow - but I find TDS3 updates every day or so. Anyway, I bought TDS3 - and I bet you did too. The BONUS is that you get a FREE upgrade to TDS4 when it is available; at least that's how my purchase read.

18. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Yep, got mine in 1999 which was the only time i paid for it, not even for the upgrade and the coming upgrade, while for other software there were in the meantime yearly subscriptions, even if there wouldn't have been upgrades in the main system, databesas only.
    So we kept lots of money in our pockets, i can hardly name this a fair deal.
    If we want the company to hire more developers we'll have to pay for them, don't we?
    Anyway, this is not a discussion for us and in this forum. I'm very sure DiamondCS knows what they are doing.

19. David N

David N Guest

I've been trying to reach you Jooske.

The main thing here that I am VERY grateful for is being allowed to let off my frustrations. If you read what happened to me in the 'NOD32 not detecting viruses' thread it could all have been prevented if I had Process Guard and Wormguard running but because I couldn't use the programs I installed windows 7 times!! I couldn't do a full format and quick format's were not killing the bugs.

Having said that I want to tell Jooske something. I like & admire you very much you because you try to be so helpful to everyone. Keep up the good work and know that you are very much appreciated here especially by me.

And I've got something really great to tell Jooske as well as DCS.

I installed Anti-Spam 7 from Bit defender and decided not to use Incredimail and installed WormGuard and turned it on. THEN I had to go back to Incredimail to open some emails and found that it now works from the system tray WITH WORMGUARD installed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All the links in Incredimail work as well

It NEVER WORKED before so now I am pretty sure I think I know what fixed it. ALSO, the XP Help Centre opens. Can someone PLEASE stick a pin in me to see if I'm alive & breathingo_Oo_O

Last week I installed XP SP2 and now everything works. So now I can use my preferred email client and have Wormguard installed as well. So it's either Incredimail or XP SP2 but I'm inclines to think that XP SP2 did the trick because I can now open the Help Centre.

I really need that log off issue to be fixed with Process Guard because it causes me a lot of problems and I am finding that I have to reboot everytime I change accounts for the pop up options to work. It's not that I want the update just for the sake of it. I've been in deep trouble without it and really need it as soon as possible because I don't want to go through what happened the other week.

Anyway isn't that great about Wormguard??

And thanks Jooske for all your patience and help.

Dave

20. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

LOL YOU LUCKY BLAZE NOT BETA TESTR I PLAY NO FAVRIOTES IF SOMETHING SUCK ILL TELL YOU LOL

IF SOMETHING NEED FIXING ID BE ON YOUR ASS LIKE FLY ON S$%^

IM YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE CAUSE ILL RUN THAT PROGRAM INTO THE GROUND TILL EVERYTHING BREAKS THEN SEND IT BACK ALGAIN AND AGAIN TO IT MEET MY STANDARDS LOL

:ninja: I MAY NOT BE BETA TESTER BUT BEST BELIVE ILL BE WATCHING LOL

:D IF I REALLY WANTED TO I COULD ALWAYS FIND A TDS 4 LAYING AROUND

IF ITS ON THE NET ANYWHERE ON A SERVER HE HE HE IT MINE

CANT HIDE

YOU GUYS LUCKY IM LAZY CAUSE OF I WERNT BLAZES NEWBIE REVIEW OF TDS 4 BE OUT MONTHS ALGO MAWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

21. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Patience might take long for a while but in the end it definitely brings us further!
    It prevents us creating new arts from what once was supposed to be a square box with a functional personal computer inside. PERSONAL, guess there is the hidden magic word, that box wants to keep it all personal and hidden for anybody, including us, it's legal operators.
    Remember we are all times communicating with the magic brains of the many developers of our various installed software programs.
    No one can tell me (s)he has explored all possibilities of the current TDS version, as those are unlimited.
    It's not allowed to beat old horses, one is supposed to be animal-friendly here.

22. tutankamon

tutankamon Registered Member

Beating an old horse will not make it go faster, it just breeds resentment.

23. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Off-topic post by guest removed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.