How to tell if process guard is running

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by wtm, Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wtm

wtm Registered Member

What I tried:
    I was a loyal user of TDS3 untile its discontiuation. I found it nice that I was able to get a licence for another product Process Guard. I was just testing it out ... trying to kill it off. After my try I no longer see it in the process list and when I try to start it from the menu I get a warning "A part of ProcessGuard (pgaccount.exe) is currently not runnint. Whe this part is not running ProcessGurard will be unable to handle execution requests. Note I was able to kill off IE with method 8 of there test program after this.

Question:
    How do I tell if PG is active.

Thanks,
    Bill

2. wtm

wtm Registered Member

Additional Information:
    Sorry, I did not note the version PG v3.150 full version. I also continued the test by running a process that required a PG aproval before running. After not being able to view the two PG processes with notes above I was no longer required to OKAY the running of the process. Upon reboot PG did require my OKAY.

Same question ... How do I determin if PG is active.

3. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, wtm

If installed correctly [requires restart] PG will be in the taskbar/systray, green for the first two restarts, then it will be blue, if blue with redX through it, it means it is disabled.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

4. SpikeyB

SpikeyB Registered Member

PG is active when you have these two processes running:

DCSUserProt.exe (this is a windows service)

and pgaccount.exe (this is an autostart entry for the local machine)

You may also have procguard.exe running (this is an autostart entry for the current user and when this runs you have the icon showing in the taskbar). You don't need this running for PG to be active but you will need it to access the PG interface.

This thread might be useful too: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=94593

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.