Limited XP users and ProcessGuard

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Sad but true, Aug 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sad but true

Sad but true Guest

Why PG does not function under a limited user? Is it not necessary, because a limited user can not install any program, or is it necessary?

2. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi,

PG protection is current for limited users, all protection is based in the driver. Limited users should be receiving execution alerts for any programs which are not already allowed to run.

Limited users are only restricted from changing settings, enabling learning mode etc - they cannot run procguard.exe to achieve this. You can however use RUN AS when in a limited account, if changes need to be made and you can't (or dont want to) log off/switch users

3. Sad but true

Sad but true Guest

When I install PG under user X, it inicialize only under user X, and when I log on user Y, the PG icon does not apear at the button right of the screen, but it looks like it´s running, ´cause when I try to start an aplication, the PG alert appears...is it normal? is there any problem?

Another problem, when I start processguard under a limited user, the System Status at PG shows "Unknow" and the ProcessGuard status shows "initializing"...

http://images5.theimagehosting.com/imagem.16.JPG

Please help me!!

4. Sad but true

Sad but true Guest

Please, is this normal?

5. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Yes, PG must be installed in an admin account, limited users will still get alerts but cannot access the GUI except by using the Run As Admin command

HTH Pilli

6. Sad but true

Sad but true Guest

But the screenshot of my PG uneder a limited user is Ok? Because the system status is "unknow" and the PG status is "inicializing", and not "running", like it´s when I log on under adm.

7. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

The GUI will not access the driver from a limited user account, hence it's inability to initialise, this is done on purpose so that users cannot interfere with Admin settings.

Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.