How to remove Winavxx

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by I-Vladimir, Aug 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I-Vladimir

I-Vladimir Registered Member

Hi All,
    I removed winavxx from my system manually. But by some reason cannot open Control Panel and any cpl file. Getting error message "Operation has been canceled due to restrictions ..." OS - WinXpPro.
    Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
    Vladimir

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi !

I recommend you use System Restore (part of Win XP) to recover your system functions and then fight what might be left from any possible threat.By default this function is ON but some people may turn it OFF . I hope it is enabled on your machine .

Goto Start->Programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Restore
    Choose "Restore my computer to a previous time" . Check the calendar and choose restore point at least day before "winavxx" appeared . Follow the instructions .

Your system will reboot and any harmful changes that have been made should be recovered .

Then I recommend you follow these steps to check for and remove any possible malware

In addition to scans with NOD32 , you can add scan with Spybot Search&Destroy (make sure to update it before scan and after install) ;)

3. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

4. The_Duality

The_Duality Registered Member

SuperAntiSpyware has a tool built in that allows you to repair restrictions activated by malware - like what you are experiencing. Im sure that would help.

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You can try the following to check for missing or damaged files within Windows:

* From the Start menu, select Run.
    * In the Open field, type sfc /scannow (Note: There is a space between sfc and /scannow)
    * Select the OK button.
    * Follow the prompts throughout the System File Checker process.
    * Reboot the computer when System File Checker completes.

Failing the above I would suggest repairing Windows as described in the following link: http://www.informationweek.com/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=189400897

Cheers :D

6. No Neck

No Neck Registered Member

Excellent tip from HiTech boy. Just carried out the instructions and no more annoying prompts. Thanks a million!

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi!

You are welcome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.