How to clone a system partition to a new drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hasthast, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hasthast

hasthast Registered Member

How to clone a system partition to a new bigger empty drive.

I have tried all option and tools when i start with True Image rescue cd.

Using True Image Enterprise Server 8.0 ( build 1.143) on
    Windows Server 2003.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello hasthast,

Thank you for your interest Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please be aware that Acronis True Image embedded disk cloning tool allows you to transfer the entire contents of one hard drive to another. It does not allow you to transfer a single (system) partition only.

Please also note that after the disk cloning process is finished you should unplug one of the hard drives prior to booting into Windows for the first time, since keeping both original and cloned hard drives connected might cause different boot or drive letter assignment problems.

If you want to transfer a single system partition then we recommend you to create an image of this partition saving it any type of the supported media (e.g. internal\external\network drive, CD, DVD, etc.) and then restore the beforehand created image to the desired location.

Please take a look at this FAQ article explaining the difference between disk cloning and disk imaging approaches in more detail.

Please be aware that in case of transferring less number of partitions than it was originally, you might get into the known problems descried in these previous threads: auto logoff problem, Re: Mr.

I would also like to mention that we recommend our customers to always use the latest build available in the Product Updates section of our web site. Acronis True Image 8.0 Enterprise Server for Windows latest build number is 1213. To get access to updates you should create an account at: http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/my/ then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

You can find more information on how to use Acronis True Image 8.0 Enterprise Server for Windows in the respective User's Guide.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.