auto logoff problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Dave T, Jan 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave T

Dave T Registered Member

Hi,

I try testing the TI9 trail. I have taken a full image partition of my 40GB drive c, test restoring to a 18GB drive with resize partition enable from 40GB to 18GB. When I swapped the 18GB to my latop and it boot-up sucessfully without problem.

When I try to logon to the laptop using any accounts it auto logoff immediately. There was an error message but it logoff too fast and could not be seen or observed. It the same problem on safe mode.

Using Dell D600 laptop and ONLY 7GB is in use with the XP SP2 o/s. Image created by TI9.0 is about 5GB.

Anyone out there encoutered this before.

Thanks

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Dave T,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that the most probable reason for the problem you have encountered is that you have created and afterwards restored an image of a single system partition only, while the original 40 GB hard drive contains several other partitions in addition to the system one. If that's the case then the Windows installation you have transferred to the "new" 18 GB hard drive just can not find the other partitions it "knows" about, which prevents it from proper functioning.

If my assumption is correct then I recommend you to create an image of the entire 40 GB hard drive by checking the tickbox near the hard drive's name (see respective screen shot in section 4.2 of Acronis True Image 9.0 User's Guide). After you restore the image of the entire 40 GB hard drive to the "new" 18 GB disk and "swap" the drives, you should be able to boot into Windows without a problem. Please be aware that you should completely unplug the original 40 GB hard drive prior to booting into Windows for the first time, since keeping two identical hard drives connected might cause different boot or drive letter assignment problems.

If my assumption is not correct then please do the following:

- Connect the original 40 GB hard drive (keep 18 GB drive unplugged), boot into Windows and create Acronis Report and Windows system information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Launch Acronis Report Utility once again and select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;

- Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;

- "Swap" the hard drives (completely unplug the 40 GB one) and create Acronis Report in the way described below:

- Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;

- Collect the report file from the floppy;

- Rename the reports created to report_source.txt and report_destination.txt accordingly.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Last edited: Jan 12, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.