Help?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by wingfoot, Feb 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wingfoot

wingfoot Registered Member

Hi.. I didn't know where to post this (this headings for each forum are a bit confusing, since I don't know a lot about computers)

I keep getting two annoying pop-up alerts that come up every time I turn on the computer:

1. "Windows Defender" - Application failed to initialize: 0x800106ba. A problem caused Windows Defender Service to stop. To start the service, restart your computer or search Help and Support on how to start a service manually.

2. "MSN Content Plus" - Your current trial time is expired. Please register or uninstall All products of MSN Content Plus.

I know the second one is a common problem. I uninstalled it, but still get these annoying pop-ups.. And even if I close it, it still pops-up.

Here's a logfile. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

- Removed section containing HijackThis Log - I am afraid we no longer allow the posting of unsolicited HijackThis logs as per this Announcement. - snap

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2007
  2. Texcritter

Texcritter Registered Member

3. wingfoot

thanks i'll try that!

4. wingfoot

does anyone know how to solve the second problem? the msn one?

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I would suggest taking a look at this post at the CastleCops Forum and the proceeding posts concerning booting to safe mode. I would add a minor suggestion and that's to copy those 2 files mentioned in that post to a temporary directory of your choice for safe keeping just in case.

Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.