Excluding items from real-time scanning

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by tomazyk, Jun 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomazyk

tomazyk Guest

Hi!

Official help suggests using wildcard * if one wants to exclude whole partition from real.time scanning - for example d:\*. I have 2 questions:

1. How should I create exclusion rule if I want to exclude a folder with all files and subfolders from real-time scanning? Should I use d:\test\* or d:\test\*.* ? Or do both settings do the same?

2. In above example would an application (process) run form folder d:\test or its subfolder be scanned or would it be excluded from scanning? Are exclusions meant only for file activities or do they include process activities also?

Thank you for any help.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. tomazyk

tomazyk Guest

Thank you Cudni. It was a helpful link and it resolved my no.1 question. I hope that somebody can help mi with no.2.

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

I think it would include process activities in exclusion

5. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

The exclusion is by path. Not by process.

This is the reason why is not recommended to use 2 AVs, unless you have process exclusion in one of them.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  6. tomazyk

tomazyk Guest

I tested it with eicer test file and you are right. If I put file in excluded folder all activities are allowed (opening, running, writing...).

Thank you for your help.

7. tomazyk

tomazyk Guest

Testing it with eicer test file it looks like process ran form excluded path is also excluded.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.