Exclusions.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Matt_au, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt_au

Matt_au Registered Member

When I enter an exclusion does that simply exclude the folder selected or include the sub folders as well. The help file does not make this clear.

If it does not (and I suspect it does not) How do I exclude a tree of folders?

2. Phil_S

Phil_S Registered Member

From the documentation included in the product (click on the help button whilst in the exclusions screen):

When configuring exclusions, special symbols – wildcards, such as “*” and “?” can be used.

Examples

· If you wish to exclude all files in a folder, type the path to the folder and use the mask “*.*”.

· If you want to exclude doc files only, use the mask “*.doc“.

· If the name of an executable file has a certain number of characters (and characters vary) and you only know the first one for sure (say “D”), use the following format: “D??.exe”. Question marks replace the missing (unknown) characters.

Edit: Sorry, realised you say the help file is not clear...

"C:\Path\To\Folder\*.*"

should exclude all files in C:\Path\To\Folder

It works for me.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

All subfolders will be excluded. E.g. excluding c:\windows\*.* would also exclude c:\windows\system32\drivers\*.* as well.

4. Matt_au

Matt_au Registered Member

Thank you Marcos, that is exactly what I wanted to know.

Phil, restating what I have just said does not make it clear to me is not really all that helpful. What I wanted to know was if I needed something like the old DOS Dir command Dir *.* /S to include sub folders, or if I needed to traverse the whole tree with a dozen or so exclusions.

5. Phil_S

Phil_S Registered Member

I realise I didn't explain it as well as Marcos, but I tried to help in the absence (at the time) of any other replies. Maybe in future I just won't bother :rolleyes:

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Every advice is welcome and appreciated :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.