Ewido Annoyances

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Shawn Paulson, May 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shawn Paulson

Shawn Paulson Registered Member

Ewido Anti-malware 3.5 seems like a good program but it has some annoying aspects.

First, the program window is small and cannot be maximized. Second, after I quarantined a few items (35) I decided I wanted to restore a few of them. Sometimes I would scroll down the list, select an item, and before I could click on the restore button, my selection would clear and the list would scroll back to the top. I tried to select the whole list to restore but the program would only restore the first five or six items as if they were the only ones I selected.

It would be nice if Ewido had a better way to manage groups of files instead of presenting a separate dialog box for each suspicious item.

2. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Welcome Shawn Paulson :)

You can try the beta version that already have all that you said... ;)

3. Shawn Paulson

Thank You for the welcome, Crow.

Yes, the beta version 4.0 is much less annoying; still needs a little work though.

4. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

You are welcome ;)

You can make suggestions to improve it...

5. Shawn Paulson

Right-click functions and menus would be nice. For example, on the Processes tab in the Analysis section, a right-click menu might offer to terminate the process, show TCP connections, or file properties. To be fair, there are some right-click functions and I like some of the descriptive balloon tips.

I will discuss this further on the beta forum, eventually…

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.