Does SpywareBlaster contain spyware?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by John Howard, Jul 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Howard

John Howard Registered Member

When I install SpywareBlaster, the license agreement has language that usually accompanies software that contains spyware. I've found that that when license agreements talk about "third party software", it usually contains spyware. I pasted the section of the license agreement that I am talking about below. Does SpywareBlaster contain spyware?

3. Third Party Software:

Certain LICENSOR SOFTWARE PACKAGES are designed to be executed in conjunction with third party software which is not owned by or affiliated with LICENSOR. Details on third party software requirements and/or compatibility may be found on the www.javacoolsoftware.com website. LICENSEE shall be responsible, at its sole cost and expense, for obtaining, installing and using the appropriate third party licenses and maintenance as needed to operate the SOFTWARE PACKAGE.

2. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

~NO~It Does Not

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

(Reposted from here: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=35807)

There are no third-party products packaged with SpywareBlaster.

I believe you may be misinterpreting the license agreement. The mentions of "third party products" mostly deal with:

-Limiting my liability. Basically, using SpywareBlaster may disable components that some third-party programs need to run (for example, adware bundled in other software). You agree to verify that doing so does not violate those programs' license agreements. (etc)

An example of what the above covers: SpywareBlaster 3.2 can provide protection for Mozilla/Firefox, however I don't make or provide those browsers - i.e. you'll need to obtain them on your own if you'd like to use them, and have protection for them.

The above section has nothing to do with SpywareBlaster installing any third-party products (which, again, it does not do).

I hope this clears up any misunderstanding. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

4. John Howard

John Howard Registered Member

Thanks,

I recall that Turbotax came with some spyware and wouldn't run with out it.

Needless to say, i've never used it since.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.