What third-party software is installed with new version???

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Spookie, Jun 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spookie

Spookie Registered Member

Hi everyone!

This is my first time posting on this forum, so I hope my question doesn't sound really stupid :oops: , but I need to ask it anyway.....so here goes;

I downloaded the new version of Spyware Blaster, and since I'm a self-taught-novice with all this PC stuff, I'm very careful about reading "the fine print" before installing anything. I learned from a very wise and knowledgeable friend to especially watch out for "third-party software" that sometimes gets bundled with the program or game or whatever you're installing, and that sometimes you can get yourself in a lot of trouble if you don't know what the third-party software is.

As I was almost ready to click "I accept the agreement", I noticed a sentence about third-party software being installed with Spyware Blaster, and that if I wanted to know WHICH software it was; or any info about it, I had to contact www.javacoolsoftware.com for the info.

When I went to their site, I didn't notice anything that would have led me to what I was looking for, so I decided to join this forum....my past experience has been that if you want the BEST advice, you talk to the people who use whatever it is you have a question about.....so here I am.

If anyone can give me the answer to my question, I'd really be grateful :D

Thanks for your patience in listening to my extra-long question, oh......and it sure was nice to have "met" all of you!

Gratefully,

Spookie *puppy*

2. MCT

MCT Registered Member

spyware blaster doesnt bundle third party software, infact, thats what it protects against, is alot of "junk" u gather from websites, cookies, activex, dialers, restricted sites

NOT all FREE software is bundled with stuff, specially programs that "fight" spyware

HTH :D

3. JemW

JemW Registered Member

Have no fear - just install SB - it's the best in my humble opinion :)

JemW

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

There are no third-party products packaged with SpywareBlaster.

I believe you may be misinterpreting the license agreement. The mentions of "third party products" mostly deal with:

-Limiting my liability. Basically, using SpywareBlaster may disable components that some third-party programs need to run (for example, adware bundled in other software). You agree to verify that doing so does not violate those programs' license agreements. (etc)

An example of what the above covers: SpywareBlaster 3.1 can provide protection for Mozilla/Firefox, however I don't make or provide those browsers - i.e. you'll need to obtain them on your own if you'd like to use them, and have protection for them.

The above section has nothing to do with SpywareBlaster installing any third-party products (which, again, it does not do).

I hope this clears up any misunderstanding. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

5. Spookie

Spookie Registered Member

To Javacool.......thank you SO MUCH for explaining that little section in the license agreement.....that was the EXACT SENTENCE that I was referring to!!!

I figured that I had to be reading the license wrong, because just as you said, your TERRIFIC software is made to remove such garbage from everyone's PC.

I knew it had to be my "newbie-ness" sneaking in again and confusing my brain! :oops:

Thanks again, Javacool!

And a great big THANK YOU to everyone else who offered their assistance to a big scaredy-cat like me! :-*

Gratefully,

Spookie *puppy*

6. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

All of us had newbieness at one time, and we are all still learning so don't hesitate to ask your questions. We will do our best to answer them for you.

[MOVE] And welcome to the forum[/MOVE]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.