Differential backup - Specifying Next Full Backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by twahl, Jan 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twahl

twahl Registered Member

Hi,
    I would like to schedule a differential backup job that runs M-F. In the help documentation it specifies that the user can specifying when the next full backup is performed (Create a new full backup after...). I'm not seeing where I can specify this value. Where is it located?
    Thanks for your help,
    Terry

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

This applies to ATI10: When you created the scehduled task and you have specified a Backup Location (i.e., Managed Backup Location) as the destination, then when you specify the kind of backup as diff or inc, you can specify how many diffs/incs to do before ding another full backup. In your case, I think you want to tell it to do for incs/diffs, then the next time it backs up, it will do a new full backup.

3. twahl

twahl Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. I guess I'm confused. By the way the documentation reads there should be a text entry field in the UI that allows me to specify how many backups to do before a new full backp is performed. I'm not seeing where in the UI that I can specify this value.
    Thanks,
    Terry

4. CatFan432

CatFan432 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.