Differential Backup limit set - not available

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Dwayne Tieszen, Dec 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dwayne Tieszen

Dwayne Tieszen Registered Member

This is the direct statement from the Help file in TI-10.

"Create differential backups" - Having chosen this parameter, check the Create a new full backup after ... parameter and specify number of differential backups, after which a new full backup will be created. The first time a full backup will be created. Next backups will be differential until the specified number of differential backups is reached. Then, again a full backup and a set of subsequent differential backups is created, then again a full backup and so on.

Trouble is, this option does not appear in either Incremental or Differential Backup schemes - unless I'm missing it somewhere.o_O

2. CatFan432

CatFan432 Registered Member

Dwayne,

Once you've set up your Backup Location with the limits you want, when you are setting up your scheduled task direct it to Backup Locations towards the top of your file tree. I think that's the step you are missing. It isn’t at all clear in the manual, as I and several others missed it the first time around.

Hope this helped,
    CatFan

Attached Files:

3. Dwayne Tieszen

Dwayne Tieszen Registered Member

You're right! Not only that, but you must FIRST set up the backup location in order to format your options. Not at all clear in the manual. Wildcat fan, huh, what about the Shockers or the Jayhawks. Thanks for your help.

4. CatFan432

CatFan432 Registered Member

It's possible I have 432 cats and don't know what a Jayhawk is.

Happy to help - CF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.