Cylance Launches Next-Gen Endpoint Security for Consumers

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by itman, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Socio

Socio Registered Member

Excellent news, the sooner the better as far as I am concerned.

2. NiteRanger

NiteRanger Registered Member

Great! I'm very interested as it offers real-time online/offline protection as compared to DeepArmor which only provides real-time online protection

3. rollers

rollers Registered Member

About a month ago I decided to try the managed home protection after years of chopping and changing anti virus to try and find the one I was happy with.
    Really happy with Cylance so far, glad I made the move and feel for the first time in ages its a keeper. Sometimes you just have to have a little faith in pastures new, otherwise one is stuck in the past

4. mekelek

mekelek Registered Member

anyone have a way of getting the current Home version? would love to have a try.

5. rollers

I got mine from cyberforcesecurity.com
    Worth contacting to see if you can get a free trial, although I got mine as a paid customer

6. mekelek

finally a site where you can purchase it without contacting them. thanks

7. itman

itman Registered Member

Unless Cylance recently changes their purchasing policies, it does not offer free trials; only refunds.

8. mekelek

9. guest

guest Guest

10. mekelek

11. guest

guest Guest

Worth the try IMO.

12. mekelek

would be worth if i had access to samples and test on a VM but since my malwaretips acc is banned, its pointless
    and i rather have the russians potentially spy on me than the CIA lol.

13. guest

guest Guest

:argh:

14. NiteRanger

Why? You have many beyond-top secret things that interests the CIA?

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  15. mekelek

it doesn't require any top secret stuff for the CIA to spy on you for no reason.

16. solitarios

solitarios Registered Member

I asked them if it was going to be free and I answered this:
    "There will be a licensing fee"

17. NiteRanger

Is the control console managed by you i.e. the settings can be changed by the user?

Thanks

18. rollers

You get access to the control panel and you can allow any false positives, but I don't think you can go beyond that for policies, although if you needed any changes I am sure you could request it. To be honest, I like the fact I can just leave it to get on with it and don't have to fiddle or meddle any more, its all done for me

19. simmersK00L

simmersK00L Registered Member

good to know. I went back to malwaremanaged last week and see that that they have cylance available on a relatively inexpensive monthly subscription. I had tried cylance in 2016 on older hardware, and seemed like not a good fit, plus at that time I think users were more restricted on the online cy_console. cylance has been running aok the past week on my newer hardware and win7_64, and I have reasonable control of console, or enough control that I'm ok with it for now. Very fast, very light. Only question is how good or great is the protection. that remains to be seen. In background detection of apps that were not running, it found 8, which it quarantined, and I had control over the q_ed files. Mostly low level pups. I understood why cy had q_ed them so I would not consider them as false_positives. Many corporate IT folks hold it high regard from what I've been reading on other IT forums. fwiw.
    curious to see how 2018 cy consumer version affects or interacts with mm. Of course, for the folks who want only free security apps, mm / cylance will not be their choice.

20. simmersK00L

using cylance via malwaremanaged for the past week, I do have some control via cy_console and tending to agree with the sentiment that "I can just leave it to get on with it and don't have to fiddle or meddle any more, its all done for me", unless of course, I'm bored and I want to go in and mess with it. cy_console provides lots of info about files it thinks are abnormal or suspicious. At mm, not sure if I was "grandfathered" in, as they had my 2016 info in file, and I simply took out a 1 month subscription last week. Install was quick and painless. They seemed "happy" to have me back. Based on what I'm seeing so far, I'll probably renew next month if and until something goes sideways or the next better thing comes along.

21. simmersK00L

yes that's exactly how cy_console is working for me.

22. simmersK00L

my experience too. I tried DeepArmor36beta, and protection is all cloud based, way too slow, I gave up on DA for now. Cy is very fast, very light on my pc.

23. simmersK00L

how long have you been using cylance with cyberforce? I sent an inquiry to them and got a solid reply. You like them? and did you have any (or many) questions, and if so, how's their tech support feedback. I ask because I'm liking cylance, (ending my first week), but I asked a few questions at malwaremanaged and I'm not entirely happy with mm's response(s). As if they couldn't answer the question or explain something, so mm answered something else or rephrased my question. And this was relatively simple stuff. makes me wonder how well mm handles a real problem. maybe they're great, but so far I'm not convinced of that. But I have only good vibes from cylance.

24. rollers

I've been with Cyberforce for around three months or so now and have had a couple of inquiries via their customer support. They are quick and efficient at replying, although you have to be aware that they are on American time, so if you are in another country they may not be working whilst you are awake. I have always received a survey afterwards checking that I was happy with the support given, which I was. So they seem to care about how their customers perceive them. I hope that helps

25. simmersK00L

great feedback, thanks. Based on cyberforce 2 emails to me and your feedback, comparing it with my recent interactions with mm, I'm thinking that I'll switch over to cyberforce when my 30 day subscription with mm ends. I'm also in the same time zone as cyberforce. for the record, I had good relations with mm in 2016, and I'm not saying that mm is bad now , if I do switch is sorta the "grass is always greener" type of thing. Plus cyberforce seems to have some other services to offer, although not sure I'll use them or what they cost.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.