Core force ?not for low end user (Me)

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Longboard, Oct 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

So;
    Noticed core force some time ago: went to web site had palpitations after looking around. :blink:

Got this for how to stop 0day exploits:
    I'm afraid to say that si a foreign language to me. o_O
    I might have been tempted to try this utility but woah: at first glance, for me this would be v difficult.
    I appreciate that this level of config probably accords with the "99.9" blocking claims but I would have to stick to some more cellar dweller type apps with easier GUI and hope for the best.

Unless some one can steer me in another direction, this is for super power users.

Maybe go back to look at Commodo.

Regards.

2. Alphalutra1

Alphalutra1 Registered Member

Yes, it is definately for super power users. However, the granularity that one can lock down the Windows filesystem and registry is insane. This granularity though is what makes it incredibly difficult to properly implement Core force to its full potential. So if that entire thing was a foreign language to you, I would definately recommend not using Core force, but rather another firewall such as comodo which offers a good amount of protection, maybe even couple the firewall of your choice with a HIPS such as SSM, which while it offers a great deal of protection, you still have to answer popups, but this is much easier than coreforce.

Cheers,

Alphalutra1

3. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

I did try out Core Force as it looked quite promising, I could get some things to work and not others. Creating policies I did not find straightforward and there is little help available on the forum for the less knowledgeable. Development also seems to be slow which is understandable being open source.

4. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

Thanks, Good suggestion :)
    And abracadabra: the magic of Wilders: Comodo and SSM

Agree, the replies to posts I could see were mostly way beyond my ability to interpret.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.