Comodo and System Safety Monitor?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by dja2k, Oct 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Which options of Comodo's HIPS like behavioral features conflict with System Safety Monitor and should be turned off?

dja2k

Last edited: Oct 23, 2006
  2. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I have tried on default settings with SSM free without any problems.

3. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Wouldn't that give me double warning on alerts?

dja2k

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Not too much I think as SSM has much more advanced monitoring than Comodo. Comodo u can set in very less pop up mode and after it is configured for sometime, u will not get plenty of pop ups. Also Comodo will give only pop ups mainly while some appliaction assessing internet otherwise it is pretty silent while SSm will pop up every now and then until it learns about ur system, then it eill be silent as well unless u after applying some system updates etc. I am just telling my experience with free verrsion of SSM though.

5. cprtech

cprtech Registered Member

Comodo and SSM worked well together when I tried them a while ago. You could probably gain some system performance without losing security by disabling some of the application analysis options in Comodo that SSM already covers. That way you have more of a "basic" firewall, with SSM providing the majority of the application behaviour analysis, which it is extremely proficient at doing.

6. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Thats what I meant, like turning off Component Control and Monitor DLL Injection? But if they work together and not that much conflict, then I might leave them on. Monitor COM\OLE authorization attempts is really noisy too, might turn it off as well.

dja2k

7. ejr

ejr Registered Member

I run NOD 32 and Comodo. Presently running Spysweeper, though I would like to ditch it down the road.

I thought about adding:

1. SSM and
    2. Sandboxie...Primailry to run Internet Explorer in a Sandbox

If anyone has tried this combination, I sure would love to know the results.

8. cprtech

cprtech Registered Member

Sorry about that. I should have just answered the question :oops: You could probably disable Component Monitoring for a start. But like you said, if leaving everything enabled in Comodo causes no problems, then you could probably leave it that way. That's how I had Comodo when I tried it with SSM and there were no issues to speak of.

9. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I trialed Sandboxie with SSM for a while. The combo worked fine. Since Sandboxie & SSM have different goals & methods, the combo gives good, non-duplicative 2-layered protection.

I'm now using an SSM-Cyberhawk combo. Why? Because it's there.:p

10. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Well I use the combo Geswall (Beta) + System Safety Monitor + Comodo without conflict so far.

dja2k

11. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

Using SSM nad Comodo with nothing switched off in Comodo and all is well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.