Consumer Internet Security Products Performance Benchmarks (Sept 2011)

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by nodyforever, Sep 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. codylucas16

codylucas16 Registered Member

Re: ESet 5 vs nine competitors Performance Benchmarks by PassMark

Does it still have the problem with causing downloads to freeze? ( at least with Win7x64)

2. clocks

clocks Registered Member

RE passmark

"
    Disclosure
    The production of this report was funded by ESET LLC. The list of products tested and the metrics included in the
    report were selected by ESET LLC. As such they may not be comparable to future or past reports"

It's funny when Symantexc funds the test, Norton wins. When Eset does, Eset wins.

3. Victek

Victek Registered Member

There are threads in the ESET forum of course. Most of it seems to be caused by leftovers, eg failed installs, traces of other AVs, etc. My first attempt to install ESSv5 failed because it detected a trace of Norton Internet Security. Once I deleted the Norton keys from the registry ESS installed without problems and is running smoothly in an XP VM in Vbox. Hopefully they can reduce this installation sensitivity since many users are going to be stymied and unhappy about needing to find and run "removal tools" for other products etc.

4. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

It found f secure remnant on my system even after i had used removal tool for f secure ... even i used it and i had no torubles but many are having trouble after installing

5. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Actually, by looking at the scores on that sheet, Norton 2012 wins for ordinary desktop users.

Also, Passmark is trustable, even though it was sponsored. Can't blame the test's validity really.

On a further notice, ESET will never produce anything as good as v 2.x was for its time.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  6. mjboon

mjboon Registered Member

Can't agree more. I purchased ESET Cybersecurity for Mac based on my past experience with NOD32 v2.x, and now regretted for not trying the product before purchase. Lesson learned, always remember the 30days free trial.

Well, hopefully ESET will be able to improve their product.

7. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

Of course it is trustable.
    sponsored or not, ESET has always secured his first or second place in the tests. And that is confirmed by other testing organizations and their user base.

8. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Tests can give skewed impressions for different reasons. In this case security products were tested in a number of areas but not in the primary area, which is how effective they are at preventing and removing viruses. Without knowing how these products perform at their primary task it's really irrelevant how much memory they use, or how they impact boot performance, etc.

9. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening ! Just installed Eset Smart Security V 5, but prior to installing removed all traces of competitors product with CCleaner. Everything installed flawlessly and so far I'm very impressed with it's performance. Sincerely...Securon

10. J_L

J_L Registered Member

11. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

ESET 5 vs nine competitors Performance Benchmarks by PassMark

Funny or FISHY? o_O (a.k.a Suspicious...:blink: )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.