Come here if you never get infected

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Doraemon, Jul 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doraemon

Doraemon Registered Member

Do you know that feeling? You are a security freak and have a super protected system so you NEVER manage to get a virus through! :D You're so good at configuring and selecting the security apps that you never get to test them in real life. :ninja:

What's your experience? Do you also miss the feeling of an infection in the wild? :D Just for fun! :cool:

2. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Well, there are those here that purposely hunt infections down to test and play with them. So maybe they are finding ways of feeding the need you speak of.

Me, I consider the education available here at Wilders as one of my layers of protection, a supplement to the knowledge layer that everyone should have on the front line of their defenses.

Can't say I never got infected since I'm managing 6 machines at home, 3 of them used by youngins. But I was certainly in a better position to know how to fix it and to educate my youngins on staying out of trouble due to me following Wilders for these years.

3. Kyle1420

Kyle1420 Registered Member

for that there is virtual machines :D

4. Doraemon

Doraemon Registered Member

Indeed! :D

But I mean the experience of a REAL infection, not a provoked infection! :D

5. J_L

J_L Registered Member

That depends on the infection. Real nasty ones that can't be detected by task manager and spies on you, do you want to experience that?

6. aigle

aigle Registered Member

It,s great fun. I have my XP partition for test mainly while i use Ubuntu most of time, no security software needed. I also have Win 7 in VBox on Ubuntu for testing. Never feel afraid of any infection, really.

7. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I have never experienced an infection of any kind, but I think that's one thing I don't miss.... I can do without it. But that's fine for those who enjoy experimenting with that sort of thing. Just not my cup of tea....

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I don't have anything like the protection you describe. Just my Av and a AntiSpyware program on demand and one or two minor things. See my sig. Oh and my minimal configuration has handled everthing just fine.

9. quintile

quintile Registered Member

If you REALLY miss it ... :shifty: Take all your security off n jump into the darkside.

Personally, I still have a HD in a lead lined enclosure...someday I'll open it up again...n let 'them' all loose! :D

10. adik1337

adik1337 Registered Member

I never get infected as well ... I purposely infect my pc though (live system) by way of sandbox ... just to check where the nasty files are being installed and to see how they behave.

11. YanK33

YanK33 Registered Member

hell yeah i can remember my last virus i think was in my last PC and that was more than 5 years ago lol in this one i never have a single infection and i dont use resident protection AV only when i visit those weird sites :rolleyes: :D i turn on and update my datebase of MSE and im ready to go and i never experience a single infecton :D

12. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Well, my bro infected this PC like 2 months ago BECAUSE he always closes ALL my setup when he uses it, if he didn't i'm pretty sure one of them would have caught it because ALL of them could detect it after i scanned the PC :D
    But he decided to format it so . . .

13. Rampastein

Rampastein Registered Member

I got infected once three years ago.. and after that I've never got infected. I miss the fun of cleaning infected systems though :)

But that's why I have a VM to infect, however infecting and cleaning it just isn't as fun as cleaning a real system.

14. gery

gery Registered Member

my laptop got 90 vir worms trojans and all kinds of stuff from an infected usb when i gave it to my cousin and she never really thought it was infected. I had to switch from dr web to KIS and now changet to Avira premium for that reason. anyway i never got infected while i had the laptop. but i kinda like the idea of having trouble and like dealing with infections. i hate to reformat though:mad: :mad:

15. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

I have never really seen any of my security programs go into action, most of the time they just remove what was missed by my other security programs via an on-demand scan. Last time I saw a security program blocking anything was when I used AVG about a year ago and it was an FP on a online game. I don't think that FP was ever fixed though so I just switched AV's. Then again if that happends today I would most likely time the time and report it :p

16. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

My Story:-

To be very honest i have not got infected from last 6 months :p. I am a very choosy type person if it comes to security solutions. I always trusted only few reputed vendors...such as Norton, Kaspersky, Panda and Hitman Pro. And i am very much glad to see that all these vendors never disappointed me. I always run LUA with AppLocker Enabled. For my browser protection i only trust SandboxIE and no one else.

But i would like to share that i have been attacked many times by several virus like Sality.NAU, Almanahe Jambanmu, Virut, Conficker and some others nasties...Even i was infected with one Bloodhound.Boot , aBoot Sector Virus on Feb 2010.. But nobody helped me here..At that time i felt very bad, but then i trust on my capabilities and successfully removed that virus from my system...:D Thanks to Ubuntu LiveCD ... It took my 3 Days..;) ..Reason because for 2 days i kept my system shutdown..:D

Here's the thread where nobody helped me..."Very Bad Mates"

17. Greg S

Greg S Registered Member

I find it impossible to feel lonely for something I've never had

18. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

About as much as I miss getting an infection in real life...........

19. NoIos

NoIos Registered Member

I'm not a security freak, I have not a super protected system but I have not seen an "real" infection on my systems since the 90s. Actually for the moment you don't have to do much in order to have a secure system, big credits go to Microsoft really and the security vendors...for sure you don't have to be a security freak. Just avoid the crap on the net and the idiots around you with the infected usb sticks that want to stick it everywhere just to show you the latest crap photo they took.

About that feeling...if I remember well...I was terribly angry and frustrated...so I don't miss it at all.

20. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Although "i" have not being infected (My bro thing doesn't counts he disabled all my setup) my friends gets infected often.

I have a few friends with those viruses that sends mails with links and other crap.
    And they ALL always come to me HAHAHAHAHAHA, i love disinfecting others PC's and then setting a rig :D :D
    Sometimes it's time consuming but i feel good helping others :D

21. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

LMAO now that's a good one!

Look with experience it's not that difficult to stay away from trouble and even when you're not sure you might be getting in deep water, well at that moment after you've messed with something, that very second you give the box a check over, scans and what not...

I think it's all a pain in the butt really to deal with this BS, after all some of it can be a real pain in the butt.

See, I see the stuff all the time, I clean people's boxes for a living from those newbie/customers out there getting infected all the time, let me tell ya what a pain in the ARSE cleaning some of them...

People writing malware code are punks! :thumbd:

I mean honestly here are intelligent people, why the heck don't they spend the time coding something decent for the benefit of others, instead they're misfit punk geeks.

22. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

After using Sanboxie together with
    ISR software (e.g. AyRecovery, Rollback Rx, and EAZ-FIX),
    I have Not seen with a single infection since the Fall of 2007.

I have been without a Resident AntiMalware since the Fall of 2007.

Regularly, I check my Setup with the most reliable AntiMalware Scanners (e.g. MBAM, Hitman Pro, Emsisoft, SAS etc.),
    but they have found just Cookies in the worst case.

23. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

I got infected last week. Forgot to run virtual and went to MDL to test saferunner. Woops. I was wondering why MBAM was going crazy after a reboot. Thank god I didn't find any good links and only found trojan bankers and spyeye.

24. pabrate

pabrate Registered Member

That's what u get if u forget 2 run virtual :p

25. YanK33

YanK33 Registered Member

my online life is so boring i need a couple of nasty viruses and some big trojans to come and gave me some action :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.