Bloodhound.Boot

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by AvinashR, Feb 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

Hi Guys,

Today i have received an unwelcome message from NIS 2010, that my system is infected by "Bloodhound.Boot" virus. NIS stated that the virus has not been removed and he presented me only the rescanning option. When i pressed the apply button for rescanning i got another message that the Heuristic Virus has been successfully removed and no further action needed.

When i checked all the details i got that this virus has been removed from my Drive D. According to Norton IS 2010, this virus has not performed any suspicious actions on my system and was deleted from drive D. When i googled about this virus then i found that this type of virus does not exist, and it may be false positive by Norton. Even when i checked the Quarantine box in NIS 2010, i found it empty. Even this file has no temporary restore option in NIS.

Secondly i would like to tell you that i am using Windows 7 Ultimate x86 with LUA and Applocker Implemented. 5 Days ago i have formatted whole of my system twice...:D

Now i would like to ask all of you whether its really a virus or not? Any Norton user experienced this thing or not?

All of you are requested to kindly look into the matter.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.