ChatProbe 1.0 Released

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Capp, Jan 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capp

Capp Registered Member

I am very pleased to announce the release of our latest software title. :cool:

ChatProbe
    is a utility that allows you quickly and easily to scan every computer on your network for running chat programs. After a scan has completed, you can easily terminate any running program found.

ChatProbe also provides very detailed bits of information regarding the program found (such as the pc it is running on, who is running it, and where it is installed)

A special Thank You to those few individuals that were gracious enough to beta test it. :D

For more information, visit www.chatprobe.com

2. Capp

Capp Registered Member

3. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Re: ChatProbe 1.0 - Feedback

If it is possible,
    I would like to hear some feedback for those of you that have investigated the program a little further.

I'd like to hear your thoughts or suggestions for the program, the website, the pricing, demo-version, etc..

Since this is my favorite forum to visit and learn/contribute to, I rely on Wilders members to keep me going on the right direction. Also, since this is a security based forum and ChatProbe is a security based program, I would like to hear the thoughts of what else could be done to make this program successful.

Also, if any members know of any other download sites to submit the software to, I would be grateful. I have it on download.com (all of their servers), softpedia.com, and I am waiting for approval on majorgeeks.com, snapfiles.com, and filetransit.com.

I do thank you all for the help you've provided me so far :D:cool:;)

4. StevieO

StevieO Guest

Hi Capp,

I see you've been busy again, and hope everythings going well for you and your new family.

You might like to take a look at this thread as it concerns an issue i have had several times with your site, as i mentioned to you before. Don't worry, but it's a puzzler !

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=118245

Also i think a lot of home users, especially with kids, would really benefit from your ChatProbe App. But if you don't mind me saying, i feel the price is way too high at $99. If it was say between $20 - £30 i think that you would get a very Much Larger take up.

Maybe you might have to recode it slightly for it check to see if XP Pro or a Server etc was installed, or something along those lines. That way you could be more certain who are business users and who are home ones.

You might like to try http://www.klitetools.com to try and see if they'll host it for you !

Regards,

StevieO

5. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Thank You StevieO. Yes I have been very busy lately and thank you, my new family is still doing great. I hope all is well at your end :)

I read that and you are right, that is a puzzler. I don't know why you would have problems viewing the site. There isn't anything there but plain HTML. I created the site using FrontPage and there isn't any Java or anything. Hmmm...that's odd

I have considered making a home user version for that reason. The main reason I priced it where it is, is because it is designed for large networks and corporations to use.

I had a few beta testers that used it at home to watch their kids and they loved it, so I will probably release a home user version with a reasonable price. Thank you for that input too :)

I will check this link out as well and thank you again for your feedback.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.