Caspa 6.8 Newly Released

Discussion in 'Capsa Network Analyzer' started by Colasoft, Jul 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colasoft

Colasoft Colasoft Support

We are pleased to announce the release of Capsa 6.8 on July 07. Now let's see what's new we can find in Capsa 6.8

1. New Option for "Auto save packet file" in General Settings to specify the length of each packet to be saved.
    This allows us to automatically save only a limited amount of data so as to greatly save disc spaces.

[​IMG]

2. New GEO column in Endpoint View. This feature allows us to quickly find out where (country) the remote host is.

geo-info.gif

3. New dock window for "Online Resources". This newly added dock window allows users to view our online demos, tutorials, articles and how-tos, moreover, it builds a quick connection between users and us.

online-resource.gif

4.Four New protocols decoders now added, including Bittorrent, Emule, MSSQL, TNS.

new-decoder.gif

Other improvements, including:

* Updated the lib for National IP Address information.
    * Improved the DNS analysis modules.

Download Capsa 6.8

Users can now download the latest version at http://www.colasoft.com/download/products/capsa.php

We wish our users will find these features helpful, and we are always improving.

Regards,

Kevin zhou

2. rx2pc

rx2pc Registered Member

I cannot wait to try it.

Finally, no more annoying message asking to save when shutting down.

I do not see being able to minimize to the systray in this update. When is this being implemented? For a program over $600, it should be there already...basic feature.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  3. rx2pc

rx2pc Registered Member

OK. Here are my findings here.

When starting a project manually and auto save enabled, Capsa does not prompt to save when exiting. This is good.

However, when starting the program automatically to open a project with auto save enabled, then I am still prompted to save when exiting. Why am I still prompted?

4. Colasoft

Hi,

Yes your are right, as I told your before, minimize to systray will be added in 7.0. Sorry this will take a little bit longer, but surely this year;)

Kevin

5. Colasoft

Each time you starting Capsa, it starts a project, this is why it ask you whether or not you want to save the project. This is especially helpful when dealing with a specific network issue. However, we will seriously consider your suggestion.

Please leave all your suggestions in our wish-list thread https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=194087 for a quick lookup.

Thank you rx2pc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.