Colasoft Wish-List

Discussion in 'Capsa Network Analyzer' started by Colasoft, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Colasoft

Colasoft Colasoft Support

This thread is to collect your suggestions for Colasoft future versions. Feel free to make any suggestion you want, but please keep it in simple language and one line for each suggestion, like:

….

Please understand that we cannot promise to add all of your suggested features in our future version, but we will give each a deep consideration.

Thank you for your support.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  2. Travis Geseron

Travis Geseron Registered Member

1) MSN Monitor - Scheduled Exports (Scheduled report to be implemented in Colasoft IM Monitor 3.0; scheduled message export not supported currently)
    2) MSN Monitor - Run as a Windows Service (to be implemented in Colasoft IM Monitor 3.0)

-Travis

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2007
  3. allisondk

allisondk Registered Member

I know of a few items I would like to see,

It would be nice to archive the data, also have a play back feature (being able to go back to a point in time and review what happened. I know a times we spike, but I can not find a feature to let me go back 3 hours ago and see that slice of data.

If this is added it would be nice to add to the graphing feature so you can select the spike, and the system tell you what systems were doing what.

Also a alerting module would be good, to notify you via email or some other source to let you know when the network has a issue or bottleneck.

Also this would be great to view the information through the web on a website or possibly access the system via userid/password. also allow me to post some basic graphs on our internal website to show users current status of the network.

Thanks

4. brianmac64

brianmac64 Registered Member

I would like to see an H.323 protocol suite decoder.

Thank you very much for your feedback

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2009
  5. Spambot

Spambot Registered Member

can you add the:

1. Minimize to system tray

We'll suggest to the Product Department.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2009
  6. AOXOMOXOA

AOXOMOXOA Registered Member

1. To show the host computers "Full Computer Name" not just the IP address.
    maybe to able to toggle between the two.

Thank you for your suggestion. This feature all ready exists in the current version.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2009
  7. mollardr1

mollardr1 Registered Member

A version of Capsa for Linux. Ubuntu or openSuse would be great.

Thanks very much for your suggestion. Capsa on Linux is underdevelopmemnt.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2011
  8. Mr_PAF

Mr_PAF Registered Member

1) Auto-resolution of Client IP address in HTTP Log (into creating reliable report if we have our own DHCP server)

Thanks a lot for your suggestion, we'll take it into consideration.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2011
  9. GeorgeM

GeorgeM Registered Member

1. When setting up a session and you select "Set Data Storage" and then "Save Packets to Disk" it would be nice if Capsa remembered the settings used last time rather than requiring all the various settings to be input again. Same for the "Log Output" tab of course.

The reason for this request is that I use non-default settings for file splitting and I use and external HD for the storage. It takes a lot of clicks to point everything to that location each time.

Thanks a lot for your suggestion, we'll take it into consideration.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2011
  10. edavrio

edavrio Registered Member

Please add the ability to send E-mails on Alerts via SMTP servers. Also to enable some triggers. After this I am sure about buying the Enterprise version.

Thank you.

11. Colasoft

Colasoft Colasoft Support

Thank you for your support. We have recorded your request, and will consider it in our later version.

12. crawlingcreeper

crawlingcreeper Registered Member

1) Better support for SIP and VOIP in general - decoding of SIP would be great, possibly the ability to recognize calls, replay them etc

thanks

13. Colasoft Support

Colasoft Support Colasoft Moderator

Hi crawlingcreeper,

VoIP is already on the list. We'll support this feature in future releases. Thank you very much for your feedback.

14. lizzyc

lizzyc Registered Member

It would be nice to be able to view historical data, so if the window is closed accidentally or data needs to be re-visited, it is still accessible :)

15. Colasoft Support

Hi lizzyc,

You could try out another software from us. The name is nChronos, and it has a free version. More details on this page: http://www.colasoft.com/nchronos-free/features.php

16. IanPlantec

IanPlantec Registered Member

I would like the following:

- ability to use filter definitions to create alarms, including looking for specific items such as conversations with a specific ip address (eg to catch trojans)
    - ability to make an alarm trigger an email to IT

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  17. Colasoft Support

Hi Ian,

Thank you very much for your suggestions. The first one is a great new one, and the second is already included in next release!

18. IanPlantec

Another one. The ability to use the dashboard for individual endpoints would be valuable, for example to chart traffic rates to that endpoint.

19. Colasoft Support

Hi Ian, you can right-click on a node on Node Explorer, and select Make Graph to create a chart/graph on the selected node. Try this and tell us if it's what you need :)

20. IanPlantec

Thanks. That goes some way but ideally what I would like is the same flexibility as on the other tabs, in that the dashboard is available as already set up but the charts reflect the endpoint (or group of endpoints) selected in the node explorer.

21. Colasoft Support

Thanks Ian, this is a great suggestion. I've forwarded it to our product manager. Please let us know if you come up with more suggestions and feedbacks. :D

22. kootenaywifi

kootenaywifi Registered Member

I just recently purchased Capsa 7 Enterprise. Very nice, but a couple of things I would like to see added/changed:

1. Ability to move the Matrix view to a stand-alone window. The current view is too cramped and being able to see it in a full-screen window would be much nicer.

2. I've been using the Matrix (both Full Analysis default view and a Custom view for one particular node) as a way to get a feel of the dynamics of a network by selecting the Refresh to automatically occur at a 1-second interval. This works pretty well, but I see that it simply stops updating itself frequently. Some tinkering eventually gets it going again, but "come on!", it oughta "just work" *reliably*.

23. Colasoft Support

Hi kootenaywifi,

Thanks for the suggestion. It's been on suggestion list, and about the refreshing, we'll see if it's a bug. Thanks again.

24. brigand

brigand Registered Member

Hello there! I've downloaded recently de Demo version of Colasoft Capsa 7 Enterprise and when I click 'start' to make a new capture, de wireless device is turning off. I tried also to start a capture on LAN device with cable, but still the same. Can u give me some advice regarding this or an oppinion? Thanks!

25. Colasoft Support

Hi brigand,

We never had this kind of problem before. You are recommended to restart the program.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.