Cannot Backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Zykan, Sep 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zykan

Zykan Registered Member

The first problem i had with TI7 was that using the CD at startup wouldn't allow me to see the backup, regardless on what partitition i put it, it would not show the drive where the backup was situated. This has been corrected by the latest patch (634)

The problem i have encountered when trying to do a backup since the patch is that i cannot now make a backup....i get the following error message:

E00640068: Failed to create the scheduled task. Error #1722 The RPC server is unavailable.

I uninstalled TI and started over again but still get the same message.

You could say, that since i have bought this, that i have not been able to use it properly.

Using XP Pro with XP2

Last edited: Sep 24, 2004
  2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

3. Zykan

Zykan Registered Member

Schedule2 is on Auto and i checked TI7 again and still get same error.

4. TheQuest

Hi, Zykan

You are not getting this error with the BootDisk are you?

Also is Ti Installed in C:\

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

5. Zykan

Zykan Registered Member

TQ

I have TI installed on my F drive, the other partitiion on this drive is my C drive. The error message appears when i want to do a backup, this has only happened since installing the latest patch.

6. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

By looking at the Task Manager, can you see that schedul2.exe is running?

7. kleinert

kleinert Registered Member

Re: Cannot Backup true image

I purchased this product yesterday. After installation I tried to do a full backup, using normal compression and the wizard. When I get to the point where a dvd-r is to be inserted (preparing image creation, please insert the first media) I get a rejection =error e00040004 disk is full or poor media. I have used four empty discs, then I bought some new ones (dvd-r, to match my burner) and the same thing happens. The program will not accept any disks, thinking they are full.

8. TheQuest

Hi, Zykan

What Partition is your OS on.

See the last post here:- RPC server?

Take care,
    TheQuest :cool:

9. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Re: Cannot Backup true image

Hi kleinert

Welcome to the True Image Forum. Your problem is different to that reported by the other posts in this thread.

If you read the FAQs in the TI User's Guide you'll see that TI only writes direct to DVD+/-RW provided you have a compatible UDF packet writing program running and the DVD has been UDF formatted. However, it goes on to say that DVD-/+R formatting is currently only supported by Roxio DirectCD so it seems it may be possible to image direct to DVD-/+R if you have that particular software installed. I don't, so I'm unable to confirm this point.

I've also concluded that you can't burn direct to DVD (any format) if TI is running in boot rescue mode. See https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=264674#post264674 for further details.

Regards

10. mark876543

mark876543 Guest

It sounds like the direct-burning support is pretty weak. I made a .tib image file to my HD that is 3.9GB. I want to then burn it to DVD as you would any data file. But in Roxio CD creator 6 I get errors (buffer underrun). I have underrun prevention enabled and I think it's a software problem with Roxio on DVD-R. Is it because the file is that large in a single file? (WinXP Pro, NTFS). ANy suggestions how to burn this file to DVD?

11. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

mark876543: This is just slightly off-topic, but since it seems to be the preferred alternative to direct burning to DVD, so I think it's on topic enough. :) You shouldn't be getting buffer underruns unless your systems is significantly underpowered for DVD burning. A single large file is actually less intensive than many smaller ones, with respect to burning. Some things to check:

First, make sure that DMA is enabled for both your burner and hard drive.

Also, your DVD burner should be on a different channel (cable) than your source hard drive. Due to the nature of IDE, it cannot simultaneously transfer to or from both drives on the same channel. It works, but it's a sort of switching between read/write/read/write etc., as opposed to constant streaming from one device to another.

Finally, you could consider burning at a slower speed.

I burn DVDs at 4x (With Nero) over a 100Mbit ethernet without any trouble at all. That's significantly slower than any hard drive you'll run into. I can't comment on Easy CD Creator, as I've ditched that software and haven't looked back. :)

12. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Welcome,

ISO 9660 DVD-/+R have a max file limit of 2GB or, in the case of TI, 1.9GB. Check out thread https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=46541 for further explanation. You'll therefore need to recreate your HD image but this time specify a fixed file size of 1.9GB rather than letting TI size it automatically. Use Roxio CD Creator to burn the 1.9GB image files onto one or more DVD-/+R (don't use your drag-n-drop software for this!!). If you want TI to explore this split/spanned image you'll need to copy the separate .tib files back to your HD first.

See wdormann's thread https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=48186&highlight=boot+rescue if you're interested in creating a TI boot rescue DVD that'll also contain your image files.

Hope the above helps.

Regards

13. mark876543

mark876543 Guest

Thanks very much!

14. nikthegreek

nikthegreek Registered Member

This error means that acronis scheduler is innactive (the service for some reason stopped or even did not start from the begin) go to the control panel, performance and maintenance, administrative tools, services and start the "acronis scheduler2 service", also in startup type make a right click and in the properties,general tab, startup type, choose automatic. This sould solve your problem

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.