Boot CD - USB

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tony62, Dec 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tony62

tony62 Registered Member

Hi all, small problem,
    have searched the Forums with no luck.
    I'm using Acronis 8 Boot CD (Recovery) to build and restore my partitions, must say that i've never had any problems.
    My question is this, is it possible to boot into the recovery using a USB drive rather than using the Boot CDo_O?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello tony62,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I'm afraid that neither Acronis True Image 8.0 nor Acronis True Image 9.0 allows you to create Bootable Rescue Media on the external USB hard drive.

However, we have already received similar requests from other Acronis customers and so the ability to create Bottable Rescue Media on the external USB hard drive will most likely be implemented in the future versions of a particular product, but exact time frame for this is not decided yet.

Please also note that if you want us to change the behaviour of Acronis True Image in any way or add some new features to this product then please feel free to post any of your suggestions in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. tony62

tony62 Registered Member

Thank you for your prompt response, i felt that this may not be possible yet. I will respond to the link that you have provided.
    Thank you for what is IMHO....a flawless piece of software:-*

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

5. tony62

tony62 Registered Member

Thanks for the info Menorcaman, i can confirm that i have tested your theory.
    Using a USB memory stick does work, agreed, however a USB External Hard Drive fails to appear in the TI tree, when trying to create Bootable Media:(
    Thanks all the same for your help, now looking forward to a future release which i hope will have this feature available:-*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.