making USB bootable device

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tommynospam, Sep 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tommynospam

tommynospam Guest

On Acronis True Image, there is a button to make "rescue media". I've used this successfully to make a CD and I've also tried to use this option to make my USB flash drive bootable with the Acronis True Image utilities. Although files are being copied to my flash drive, I can't seem to get any USB-bootable computer to boot from this flash drive. The wizard kept talking about floppies so is the compatibility between what a computer needs to see with a floppy the same as what it would need to see with a USB? Ultimately, how can I make a USB bootable flash drive?

thanks.

2. storage_man

storage_man Registered Member

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Also, I need to set my BIOS to boot from USB Hard Drive, eventhough TI thinks it has created the floppy version of the bootable rescue disk.

Regards

4. agentstarks

agentstarks Registered Member

I was trying this with my Cruzer mini and still can't get it to work. I formatted my cruzer as FAT and then did the Acronis create bootable disk. When I try to boot off the usb disk on a Dell system, I get the "Selected boot device not available" error. How do I get this working?

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi agentstarks,

Try setting your BIOS first boot order to an alternative USB device. My previous USB flash drive went belly up on me a couple of days ago and I've purchased a Sony DataVault as a replacement. I can boot into the Acronis rescue environment when my BIOS first boot device is set to either USB Floppy, USB HD or USB Zip.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.