Adguard - Ad Blocker

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Tyrizian, Mar 2, 2013.

1. superssjdan

superssjdan Registered Member

Adguard did not cause any issues for me at all.If you use WSA with adguard,there are a bunch of adguard precesses in the scanlog with the U designation which means a determination has not yet been made.Nothing effected my performance.You can always open up a support ticket with webroot and they can whitelist any unknowns in your scanlog.One thing I can say is that both HMPA and adguard use WFP drivers,and using multiple WFP can have some undesired consequences.Any issues I had with HMPA were cleared up when I disabled keystroke encryption.Also,if you are using adguard's wfp driver,you can try unticking it in the gui which returns adguard to the tdi driver and reboot and see if that helps any.I don't really use Edge,so adblocking in edge I could care less about.

2. paulderdash

paulderdash Registered Member

There isn't a global disable or stop protection, so uninstalling is probably simplest first step to troubleshoot.

3. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

@avatar

Problem with the Adguard Parental Control feature:

Problem: With Parental Control and password protection enabled, I can still very easily CTRL, SHIFT, ESC, end task both processes and disable the service via services, then restart the machine to visit any website I so desire. With today's tech savy kids, I find this very easy for them to do, which in my opinion defeats the whole purpose of having a Parental Control feature.

My opinion on a solution: Offer a similar solution that K9 Web Protection offers - Offer uninstaller password protection and process protection so nobody can disable it, unless of course you know the password.

If you could, please look into this.

4. SOG

SOG Registered Member

@paulderdash/@superssjdan I appreciate your help. Have come to the conclusion this is nothing to do with security programs and that the original outcome with Adguard stopped was a coincidence. Likewise stopping the individual elements in HPA did not have any effect. I'll try to be brief to convince you I'm not mental here as I now see a pattern and not random selection. The log on shows up with a vertical dropdown box with 20 characters: _ a b c............p q r s. [There are 37 in total; blank box + a-z + 0-9.] This then rolls over incrementally to the final show that has: q r s t............6 7 8 9. Any click on the -...s box is correctly shown in the password log on. I'm thinking the call for password characters fell within this parameter when I had Adguard disabled, leading me to believe Adguard responsible. When the box is rolled, however, a curious pattern evolves. Example: roll the box to q...9, then q=_, r=a, s=b, t=d, u=f.......Each click up from here, v>, carries on the progression of selecting every other character from the set of 37, v=h, w=j... up to 9=9. Exactly the same pattern occurs wherever the roll-over is positioned.
    I can see some link with there being a full set of 37 characters and 20 in the box leaves 17 not showing. This seems to have some bearing on the pattern that arises after roling over the set, but what is the cause....This log on has worked perectly well for ages and no clue yet as to why it should behave like this. Must be just a coincidence it turned up just after upgrading Adguard to 6.0 and I jumped to a conclusion when I thought it was random. I did write to the site explaining when it first occurred but then withdrew the issue when I thought it was my problem. To cap it all I've just discovered, how obvious really, that I can, in fact, input from the keyboard!

5. avatar

It would be great if you report both domains to us so we could add it to default HTTPS exclusions list:
    https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows/issues/911

6. avatar

In my opinion, if child has admin access, there is nothing we can do to protect the program.
    I know dozens ways how to overcome any parental control including K9, Kaspersky, you name it.

So, because of it, we only think about protecting program against a user with restricted access.

7. Tyrizian

If that is the way the program is designed, then so be it.

Thanks for the reply

8. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

My net suddenly acted slow and was taking a lot of time to open sites - so i checked with chrome connectivity diagnostic app and had this error - internet is getting blocked by captive portal . Exiting adguard solved the problem. Rebooted many times but same problem. Have opened a ticket with adguard

9. Tyrizian

I've been experiencing the same issues as well.

I've also experienced a few disconnects with Adguard enabled.

But, when disabled, I get no more network issues.

10. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

I have had to remove Adguard as it is causing too many issues, mainly with Cyberfox. It seems to block mainly https sites. Reported the issue but after initial interest it has fallen

11. meatouph

meatouph Guest

Hi djg05!

What kind of issues did you encounter with Adguard? Have you tried to contact support or create new thread on Adguard forums?

12. Tyrizian

Try going to "Settings, General Settings, then scroll all the way down to Filtering Settings and then click Reinstall Certificate", to see if that fixes your issue.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  13. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

Thanks - did that but interest has dwindled.

14. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

Thanks - will try that later and see what happens.

15. avatar

What do you mean by "disconnects"?

16. avatar

17. maniac2003

maniac2003 Registered Member

That is awesome if it works. Just got my Nexus 6P in. Already downloading ;)

18. avatar

Ah, wait a couple of hours, next alpha with some important fixes will be published soon.

19. Tyrizian

I'm not saying that Adguard is the complete culprit here, it's just a little weird that my internet connection goes out more often, when I am running it, versus when I am not.

Not 100% sure if Adguard can actually cause internet disconnections on the machine it's installed on, but it's more of an assumption on my part that it can.

20. mantra

mantra Registered Member

HI
    I really love adguard
    i have installed on my laptop and dekstop
    and for my browser too
    may i ask 2 questions?

1) about the chrome/firefox extension is there a way to set the upload time ? for example every 3 days

2) may i know why is so light under chrome and so fast compared to firefox?

thanks

21. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

Chrome connectivity diagnostic is not reporting any problems after reinstallation now . Have rebooted many times and checked . But there is a definite slowdown . sites that open in an instant without adguard , take a second or more with adguard . Is there a way i can test the loading times of sites ?

22. harsha_mic

harsha_mic Registered Member

You can use this Raymond's Page Load Speed test tool..

See my post here. I would be interested to know the page load times of Adguard Windows version..

23. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

Thanx a lot. that's a great tool . I tested first with ublock enabled , and then disabling ublock and enabling adguard. See the two screenshots.adguard takes twice the time to load , and also it was taking a lot more time to reload in benchmark with adguard.

Attached Files:

24. harsha_mic

harsha_mic Registered Member

thanks. thats a quite a difference. i bet adguard extension might be faster than the windows version..

25. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

With the adguard extension

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.