Acronis True Image 8.0 build 791 is out

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by manuangi, Jan 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manuangi

manuangi Registered Member

..what about the changelog?

thank you! :)

2. jimmytop

jimmytop Registered Member

What about BartPE plugin ? :p

3. como

como Registered Member

Thanks manuangi

I would have thought Acronis support would have posted that the new build is available instead of expecting us to find it

Or have I missed the post

4. manuangi

guess you missed no posts ;)

anyway, I don't want to substitute to Acronis support..I just posted here as soon as I knew that the new build was out.

5. Mal76

Mal76 Registered Member

Hello All,
    I have just updated to 791 and was asked whether I wished to make a boot disk. I did make a new boot disk following the update, but I wonder if this is necessary or is the one made with 786 still ok.
    Thanks for any answers,
    Mal76

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

First of all many thanks to manuangi. He was faster than Acronis Support Team. I hope this new build will help many our customers to solve the problems which were not solved yet.

BartPE plugin is being developed and we expect it to be tested and released soon. As soon as it happens you will be able to get to know about it either from our site www.acronis.com or from this forum.

Please note that Acronis Bootable CD is build related. It means that if you had some problems with the CD created with the build 786 then it is likely that you won't experience these problems with the CD created with the latest build. The main advantages of the new build are:

Drivers update;
    Fix for installation problem.

Also there are several improvements in the image archiving and restoring algorythm that allows to make images smaller and faster in some cases.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

7. jimmytop

jimmytop Registered Member

Were there any new Linux drivers added to the boot CD? If so, what new hardware is now supported.

Thanks for your help

8. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Modred - I have split your post as it is a topic in its own right and it is its own thread here.

9. John Farrar

John Farrar Registered Member

Re: Acronis True Image 8.0 build 791 - questions.

Is it necessary to uninstall the previous build before installing Build 791? Presumably, previous images will work with the new build?
    TIA
    John

10. manuangi

I installed it over the old version, as usual..and no problems at all.

11. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Re: Acronis True Image 8.0 build 791 - questions.

Hi John,

TI will normally install over a previous build without problem although some users have reported the odd failure. I guess we will have to suck it and see but hopefully, as advised by Ilya, build 791 addresses that particular issue.

However, I expect the occasional uninstall/reinstall routine will still be needed to overcome some of the intermitent (weird?!!) errors that can occur whilst using TI.

Yes, new builds are backward compatible with previous images.

Regards

12. user_ti

user_ti Guest

new build is out .. but the "image archive corrupted" problem still there...

13. Acronis Support

Hello all,

It is not necessary to uninstall the previous build of Acronis True Image before the installation of the new one. All the images created with the previous builds (and even previous versions) are operable with the latest build.

This new build contains improved Linux drivers for several SATA and SCSI disks. Also some improvements made in mouse driver.

As for the "image archive corrupted" problem, the sticking point is that this situation is different to reproduce. By nnow we couldn't obtain any corrupted image in our Testing Laboratory. So we ask everyone who encounters this problem to send the full computer configuration to support@acronis.com. It will help us to solve this problem sooner.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

14. Ed Y

Ed Y Registered Member

Ilya,

What form do you want to use for the computer configuration?? Do you want us to run something specific?

15. Fedorov999

Fedorov999 Registered Member

Good news, build 791 is the first one that has ever managed to "Upgrade" over the top of my previous build without breaking the scheduling windows service.

In the past I've need to completely uninstall any previous versions.

My Incremental script also ran successfully last night after the upgrade and the Boot CD can see my Si3112a Raid0 drives as ONE so hopefully a restore *would* work :)

Nice work.

Fedorov.

16. Jher

Jher Registered Member

I currently have the version 771 and I have severe problems using the recovery CD. It does not initialize the ethernet port on my ASUS board (Broadtek 440X).
    So backup and restore on network drives, which I need to do, can not work.

Is the new 791 different to my 771? Is it worth testing? Are there new linux drivers fo my hardware included on the CD?

I suggest putting more detailed information into the change log.

Thanks in advance
    JHer

17. Acronis Support

Hello all,

As for the hardware configuration, we do not ask you to use any specific devices. We just want to know what devices you use. It will help us to reproduce the problem with the corrupted images.

As for Broadtek 440X, it should work with the new build. We suggest that you update Acronis software anyway because there are always some fixes implemented in each of them. If you experience any problems with the new build please write to support@acronis.com. Our Support Team will help you to solve the issue.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.