Ti check file system integrity?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Modred, Jan 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Modred

Modred Registered Member

Page 34 of the manual says that you can have TrueImage check the file system integrity after a restore. I have restored many times using TI-8 including the latest version and I am never presented with the screen that contains this option. I raised this issue before and never got a response. I'm running WinXP Home, NTFS, standalone Dell Dimension 8600, no network. My restore disk is a compact flash card, although that should not make a difference. What am I doing wrong.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Modred,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Could you please clarify if you use Acronis True Image standalone version or Acronis True Image running under Windows in order to restore your partitions?

As a temporary workaround we recommend you to use Windows checking utility.

Thank you.

--
    Andrew Berezovsky

3. Modred

Modred Registered Member

To restore, I reboot the computer to a boot disk that I created by clicking on TOOLS/CREATE BOOTABLE RESCUE MEDIA. The actual book disk is a compact flash card in a Sandisk compact flash card reader (my computer will boot to this device). I have also created a boot disk on a CD with the same results (no file check option). I am restoring the system partition of my hard drive. The TrueImage image is stored on the second partition of this same drive.

Thanks for the help.

Modred

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Modred,

Since you restore the system partition you can't do it under Windows. You did absolutely right when rebooting the computer into Acronis Bootable Media. We regret to inform you that in this case you cannot check file system integrity because this option is available only if you restore the image under Windows.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.