30-45 second freeze on startup

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by behrangsa, Apr 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. behrangsa

behrangsa Registered Member

Hi,

I have been using NOD32 since last year and my license is going to expire very soon. Before upgrading and renewing my license, I wanted to know if it is possible to fix this problem or not:

When Windows XP starts, suddenly the system freezes for about 30 seconds and, for example, during this time I cannot open the Start menu. Then a message pops up that says Windows Firewall turned off, then turned on again, and everything works smoothly afterwards.

Even if I disable the Windows Firewall, the system goes through this 30sec freeze again.

I have followed this:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=859976

to fix the issue but it didn't work.

NOD32 is the only AV installed and I have not installed a third-party firewall.

Is it possible to fix this issue?

Regards,
    Behrang

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  2. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

First off, I hope you're behind a router. Secondly, have you checked the system error logs in Administrative tools > Event viewero_O There could be other factors leading up to or causing the "freezes" and it may be reported there. I had a similar problem a while back but have never used NOD32...

3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I dont think this has anything to do with your firewall since you are using the AV. Uninstall the AV and see if it happens. Sounds like a issue in your startup programs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.