30-45 second freeze on startup

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by behrangsa, Apr 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. behrangsa

behrangsa Registered Member

Hi,

I have been using NOD32 since last year and my license is going to expire very soon. Before upgrading and renewing my license, I wanted to know if it is possible to fix this problem or not:

When Windows XP starts, suddenly the system freezes for about 30 seconds and, for example, during this time I cannot open the Start menu. Then a message pops up that says Windows Firewall turned off, then turned on again, and everything works smoothly afterwards.

Even if I disable the Windows Firewall, the system goes through this 30sec freeze again.

I have followed this:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=859976

to fix the issue but it didn't work.

NOD32 is the only AV installed and I have not installed a third-party firewall.

Is it possible to fix this issue?

Regards,
    Behrang

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  2. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

First off, I hope you're behind a router. Secondly, have you checked the system error logs in Administrative tools > Event viewero_O There could be other factors leading up to or causing the "freezes" and it may be reported there. I had a similar problem a while back but have never used NOD32...

3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I dont think this has anything to do with your firewall since you are using the AV. Uninstall the AV and see if it happens. Sounds like a issue in your startup programs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.