ANTS 3.0 Update Thread

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by DrSeltsam, Jul 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrSeltsam

DrSeltsam Guest

ok ...

cause many many people ask i decided to create a special thread ;o). I will try to give a little report daily:
    The neural network ANTS uses to detect unknown malware is trained. First tests showed a detectionrate of about 70% about my whole database.

I also started to convert the old databases into the new format. ANTS 3.0 detects at the moment:

7687 backdoors (including clients + server editors)
    411 batch worms
    403 VCKs
    119 flooder
    585 irc worms
    3381 I-Worms
    21 JAVA malware
    236 JavaScript malware
    114 nuker
    6554 trojans
    88 trojan downloader
    534 trojan dropper
    8 trojan notifier
    689 vbs malware
    199834 dialer
    32304 viruses

Release candidate seems to be released at 14.08.2002 :eek:).

See you tomorrow ;o).

2. Tinribs

Tinribs Registered Member

Excellent work,I'm sure it'll be well worth the wait

3. DrSeltsam

DrSeltsam Guest

changed the database format and some parts of the scan routine to improve the detection of binded trojans and backdoors. A few new unpackingmodules for neolite and wwpack are added, too.

4. Pretender

Pretender Registered Member

Thanks Andreas! Much appreciated.

5. controler

controler Guest

"Release candidate seems to be released at 14.08.2002 :eek:)."

I am assuming from this post some of the people that signed up to Beta test ANTS 3.0 are allready doing so?

6. DrSeltsam

DrSeltsam Guest

Some of them got some parts to test - but nobody got a COMPLETE version.

Adieu, Andreas

7. Lithp

Lithp Guest

I signed up for Beta testing quite some time ago but did not receive any reply. Are only selected people allowed to Beta test?

8. DrSeltsam

DrSeltsam Guest

All are allowed.

9. DrSeltsam

DrSeltsam Guest

Released a beta of the scanner module and a part of the updater today ;o). If someone want them just mail. Perhaps i will do a english translation if more than 10 people are interested ;o).

The scanner beta includes file and memory scanning :eek:).

10. Lithp

Lithp Guest

Thank you,
    I would like to participate. I have sent an email. I am an English speaking person- so you can add me to the list.

11. controler

controler Guest

You allready know I want to try it out.. Please send !!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank You

12. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Andreas - If you have parts of it that are ready-to-go, why hasn't it already been automatically sent to the people who requested to take part in the beta-test? (I was on that list, too, BTW).

spy1@comporium.net Pete

13. DrSeltsam

DrSeltsam Guest

you described to a test of the COMPLETE ants 3.0 professional package (rc 1).

quote:
    Ja, ich möchte mich unverbindlich zum kostenlosen ANTS 3.0 Release Candidate 1 und ANTS 3.0 lite Betatest anmelden.

"Yes, i want to take part on the free ANTS 3.0 Release Candidate 1 test"

:eek:)

I will translate both - the updater and the scanner and send you a link ;o).

14. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Thanks! Looking forward to it! Pete

15. Loki

Loki Registered Member

Hi just ran a scan on a XP home and also on XP pro system with the Beta scan of ANTS3 and found this C:\WINDOWS\system32\netsetup.exe - Found: I-Worm.Lynder
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wextract.exe - Found: I-Worm.Lynder. Looks like a false reading. Does any one know this Worm? I have not removed them since TDS3 and Wormguard3 and NOD32 find no problems. Just thought I'd let others know :D . I know it's beta so it's just for testing looks good to me. :p

16. DrSeltsam

DrSeltsam Guest

I uploaded a wrong database - sorry. Just delete the IF5 file and run the update again ;o).

17. Loki

Loki Registered Member

Hi,
    That was not a complaint. Will you be able to select more than one drive to be scanned. Oh thanks for the fast reply :D :D

18. DrSeltsam

DrSeltsam Guest

Its not complete. Its only a beta of the engine ;o).

The complete scan module with heuristics and unpacking and virus scanner will be released as a beta soon (and yes, you can choose more then one drive/folder).

19. Loki

Loki Registered Member

Too Cool can't wait :D :p :D

20. Loki

Loki Registered Member

Hi just re-scanned with new update no problems now. Also I scanned a Win2000 server system i'm running all clean and scan worked perfect :D.

21. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Gee, Andreas, it's nice to know that some people got part part of the program to play with....(My email must not be working - I'll check it right away! <g> ). Pete

22. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Pete,

Check out this thread for the engine and update.

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=2668

Regards,
    Kent

23. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Okay, got mine, too (finally got caught up!), and, after some initial weirdness (I didn't get the 'if5scan.dll' file the first go-around, for some reason, plus I had to dump the existing if5 file in the 'Signaturen' folder and re-d/l that since the first one gave me all the bad hits, too), I got a clean scan in five minutes flat that checked 21,846 files on 'C' and 'D' drive (had to scan them separately).

That's actually kind of low on the file count, though. The Cleaner checked 31,658 last time and Tauscan checked 83,806 (supposedly). I did have 'Scan the process memory' checked - would it have checked more or less if I hadn't checked it? Pete

24. Lithp

Lithp Guest

I still have not received a copy of Ants Beta 3.0...Am I doing something wrong?? It has been some time now. How do I obtain this program??

25. Loki

Loki Registered Member

Hi Litph,
    The link for the scanner is two posts above yours just download and try it. :D also at the start of this thread is the link.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.