what is better , zonealarm or F-Secure Anti-Virus Client Security 6 ?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by _+_+_+_+, Jul 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _+_+_+_+

_+_+_+_+ Guest

2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

If you are talking alround FW/AV performance, then F-Secure without a shadow a doubt. However you need to try it before buying, it may not be for you. :)

3. _+_+_+_+

_+_+_+_+ Guest

thank you Don Pelotas :)
    I have F-Secure and it great AV (KAV engine) and good FW

so id like to focus on FW only whick is better and why ?

4. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

ZoneAlarm have a better firewall, and F-Secure a better anti-virus, so you have to try and decide...

Don't forget the resources usage, configurations, usability... ;)

5. _+_+_+_+

_+_+_+_+ Guest

why zonealarm is better?
    which is more Secure ?and why?

:)

6. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

ZoneAlarm is a very know a very good firewall...
    The firewall of F-Secure isn't so strong as ZoneAlarm...

I will choose the ZoneAlarm Security Suite because it use much less resources...
    The new version of ZoneAlarm SS will have a better AntiSpyware...

7. _+_+_+_+

_+_+_+_+ Guest

this is clear
    can you prove this please ?

F-Secure Anti-Virus Client Security 6 use Lavasoft Ad-Aware aginst spyware ,,is it good?

8. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I know this because of the articles, reviews, comments that I see on web...

Ad-Aware isn't the best AntiSpyware program available, but it's a good program...

9. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I don't trust software suites, because I can't believe that ONE company is a master in each kind of protection.
    IMO all these software suites have good parts, lesser good parts or even missing parts.
    These software suites are created to meet the wish of a certain group of users, that like suites more than a bunch of separate softwares.

I don't like many softwares on my computer either, but IMO it's better to work with separate softwares, that are specialized in one or more kinds of malware, like AV, AS, AT, AK, etc ... and you can expand/remove/replace
    these separate softwares to improve your security.
    If I'm wrong correct me.

10. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I agree with you, ErikAlbert ;)

But if someone want to choose a suite...

11. _+_+_+_+

_+_+_+_+ Guest

so what are good parts, lesser good parts or even missing parts in F-Secure Anti-Virus Client Security 6 ?
    the AV is great (kav engine + 2 F-Secure engines) and stander AS (Ad-Aware)
    but what about the FW ?

12. _+_+_+_+

_+_+_+_+ Guest

dose all articles, reviews, comments compareing between ZA and F-secer?or just about single FW without compareing between two FW's?

13. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Take a look at this Topic: Best Internet Security? ;)

Hope that this can help you... :p

14. _+_+_+_+

_+_+_+_+ Guest

F-Secure Anti-Virus Client Security 6 use resource only 53 MB not like F-Secure Internet Security which is use 74 MB !!! :)
    also it is less than Norton Internet Security 2005 which is use 62 mb

and I dont have problem with resource , i have P4 3.8G with 2GB ram
    so 50 or 100MB is piece of cake

so which is more secuer FW ? ZA or F-Secure Anti-Virus Client Security?

15. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

You have a very nice computer :p

If you don't have problems with the resources you only have to decide between have a suite with a better AV or FW... ;)

16. ErikAlbert

_+_+_+_+
    That is a question for Firewall experts.
    I'm not a firewall or security expert, but I have my own ideas about security like anybody else.

My actual Firewall is ZoneAlarm Free and I'm planning to use the free version of CHX-I.
    I simply don't care which firewall I use, because each firewall has its own weaknesses and is vulnerable. It is just a matter of time before malware writers put their claws in it.
    The most used softwares on the market are always a target of malicious people.

What is the main purpose of a firewall anyway ?
    Keeping the unskilled intruders out of your computer, any good firewall does that.
    Without firewall your computer will be a target in 15-20 minutes according my readings.
    BUT a firewall won't protect you against very smart intruders.

The worst bad guys belong to the very best, most intelligent programmers in the world and none of these security softwares will be safe, once they put their mind on them. It is just a matter of MONEY and priorities.
    Being bad doesn't mean you are stupid.
    The lesser skilled bad guys are responsible for the huge quantity of malwares on the net.
    Being original is difficult, but copy and change an existing malware program is easy.
    That's why there are so many variants of the same malware.

17. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

While I do not use it I have been told the F-Secure firewall is licenced from Sygate.

18. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

This is all about opinions... I use F-Secure's AV Client Security v6 in the office and I've found it to be an excellent security suite (the AV is outstanding).

As I use ZA in my home system, I can say that of the two firewalls I prefer ZA only because it is more intuitive to manage with respect to establishing program-control settings.

If I were to pick between F-Secure AV Client Security and Zone Alarm Security suites, I would pick F-Secure in a heartbeat because the AV in ZASS is definitely weak (I say that from personal experience). But I would have to agree with what others have suggested in that the very best (individual) security products haven't been integrated into any suite (yet)!

And that's my opinion. ;)

19. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Seems to me that all the "suites" suffer from the same problem.. they're trying to be jack of all trades and manage to be master of none. They all (at least the ones I've tried) seem to use a lot of ram and seem weak in one area or other.. In my opinion, one would be better off with specialized individual programs to handle both firewall and AV needs..

20. James Taylor

James Taylor Guest

I supposed everyone here is a big expert, who is good at tweaking security software.

For the layperson, security suites have one great virtue, that is simplicity!

21. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Hardly, but I do agree with that one virtue that makes suites sweet. ;)

22. ErikAlbert

I don't need to be a security expert to protect my computer.
    I've read enough to have a pretty good idea what security is worth on computers and I wasn't impressed, I was disappointed.

If malicious people or malwares are so interested in my computer, I created a very boring and impersonal computer for them.
    I removed all my personal files from my harddisk, except the ones I'm working on.
    I removed all my personal data from my harddisk, except my email-address, first name and initials.
    My harddisk contains nothing but legitimate softwares, a few personal files and the rest is on CD-RW.
    In other words my computer is any empty house.
    If something goes out in a legal or illegal way, it will be very boring information for the receiver.
    I just removed everything, that would make my computer an interesting target.
    I don't need to be a security expert for that.

If I don't need my internet connection, I turn it OFF.
    During that time nothing comes in, nothing goes out.

I changed my behaviour on the net completely.
    - no P2P softwares anymore
    - no downloadings of anything, anywhere anymore
    - no visits to the usual dangerous websites anymore
    - MSIE/Firefox have both maximum security, because browsers are dangerous.

I ignore and delete all my spam-emails, without even opening them.
    I don't need to know their contents, because I know WHY I receive them.
    Spam-emails want my money, my personal data and infect my computer.

That's why my computer is pretty clean in spite of my poor freeware security setup.
    Because I'm not a security expert, I don't trust even my own methods.
    That's why I occassionally install/run/uninstall trials/beta versions of MUCH BETTER, but also expensive
    security softwares, just to see how many infections passed through my poor security setup.
    Upto now, they didn't find anything either, which proves that DISCIPLINE on computer/internet also WORKS.
    So I'm doing pretty well for a stupid typical user and all free of charge.

I also understand people's nature and I never underestimate the power of the human brain.
    A secure software doesn't exist and even security software are vulnerable.
    I would consider myself as a complete idiot, if I would believe that.
    The worst malware writers have just their own priorities and they are only interested in stealing MONEY and INFORMATION.
    If a software wasn't compromised yet, that means that malware writers weren't interested.
    I also think that damaging computers via malware isn't priority #1 anymore, that is good for bored KIDS.
    What ever they are going to use, this time it will be very silent tools without causing malfunctions or visible damage on computers.
    If you think you can fight against brilliant brains, forget it. You will be the loser, take my word for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.