Best Internet Security?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by rdsu, May 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Hi,

Some friends are asking me for a all-in-one program to protect its computers, I want to see your opinions and comments about the Internet Security programs available, related of easy to use, protection and resources.

The new beta Kaspersky Internet Security seems to be the winner when it will be ready, but for now we have these options:

BitDefender Professional Plus
    F-Secure Internet Security
    McAfee Internet Security Suite
    Norton Internet Security
    Panda Platinum Internet Security
    PC-cillin Internet Security
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite

Thanks

Last edited: May 6, 2005
  2. TeknO

TeknO Registered Member

F-Secure Internet Security 2005 will be best choice. Antivirus and firewall software of F-Secure are very good and powerfull. But it needs a powerfull PC. Second choice will be Pc-cillin Internet Security. It doesn't use more resource like as F-Secure.

KIS2006 might be best choice in the future. But Anti-hacker must be develop much more.

Regards...

3. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

BitDefender Professional Plus
    Wonderful AV, limited firewall. Easy to use. Major update to the firewall expected September 2005. Nice on recources, good price.
    F-Secure Internet Security
    Both nice firewall and av. Needs testing on the pesific computer to see how it runs.
    McAfee Internet Security Suite
    Software of nice quality, but hungry for RAM, and the security center :rolleyes:
    Panda Platinum Internet Security
    Never used it :oops:
    Norton Internet Security
    Not bad, but wow watch your recources. Way to overpriced too.
    PC-cillin Internet Security
    Never used this one neither, but their AV isn't topclass imho.

4. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

5. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Thanks for your comments and opinions ;)

It seems that none of them have all the requirements that I want...
    Maybe the new KIS will have them all, i.e., low resources, excellent protection, easy to use and configurable... ;)

BitDefender Professional Plus - only have a great AV, the rest...
    F-Secure Internet Security - use a lot of resources...
    McAfee Internet Security Suite - I don't like the control center and IE dependence...
    Norton Internet Security - very good protection but is a resource hog...
    Panda Platinum Internet Security - I don't like the GUI, aso had same bad experience with Panda and the resources...
    PC-cillin Internet Security - very light on resources, but it seems that doesn't have a very good protection...
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite - is growing well but doesn't have anti-spyware protection...

6. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

You are correct none have the best of all worlds. This is why I do not like "Suites." Users I advise: build your own shop around and get the best for your $$ at the time you need them. I know that advice does not help much those who just want a all in one solution set up and forget. But all in one set up and for gets will never offer the security I want :( . To me it is a fact of life.

7. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I completely agree with you, and that is the way that I think, but like you said, some persons just want to install an all-in-one and forget it...

I believe that these suites will be improved and maybe on the next year we can see a better products for these kind of people...

8. tomster

tomster Registered Member

Hi

I had trend pcillin which just expired ..liked the anti virus but the spyware scanner was a joke......i thought the spam filter sucked pretty much too....too much white and blacklist adding

Tom

9. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Hi tomster,

it seems that they have a lot of work to do to make a "real" good program...

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.