Firefox .exe x 2

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Blackspear, Jul 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

2. ronny

ronny Registered Member

Nop, i only have one. No matter what i do (open several windows etc.) it still shows one firefox. exe.
    (I hope this info was useful to you.)

3. dangitall

dangitall Registered Member

Same as Ronny - multiple windows, one Firefox.exe.

4. Blackspear

Thanks Ronni and Dangitall

Not sure what is going on, thought it was strange, I'll keep an eye on it...

Cheers :D

5. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

HI Blackspear....

I just opened 10 FF windows, only 1 .exe in TM.

You did not say if that was the norm for you, or haven't you checked again. mean closed and reopened several windows.

or.... did you actually multiple start FF from Quick Launch/Icon and had 2 instances running that way, not from windows links?

Cheers, TAS

6. Blackspear

Hi Tas, it is not the norm, what I have found is that if Firefox stops responding (sort of), as in clicking on a link in a page just brings up a timer and goes no further, in “task manager>applications” Firefox is still running. If I then close down Firefox altogether and then check “task manager>processes” firefox.exe is still there.

Opening Firefox back up starts another instance of it, hence the 2 x .EXE files.

7. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

ahhh.. I see, so it 'sort of stops responding' but does not *say* it's 'Not Responding' in the Task Manager, closing FF and therefore you starting FF again brings up the extra .exe without the original one closing from TM. Very strange.

So when clicking the link and it 'sort of not responds' Firefox does not bring up a "time out" message at all? Just hangs? When that happens you said you close FF totally, have you just tried closing the TAB [if in TAB mode] and if not, just putting a new link in address bar and see if it comes back up?

I get in some cases of broken links/whatever, a timed out message so I OK and close that TAB/Window.

Yes, it certainly seems to be a glitch with your sys.

However, I cannot think of a reason mate. Unless you were willing to ditch your profile and restart it again with building a new one! Bit of a bugger though.

TAS

8. Blackspear

Yes this is the case.

I tried that as well, new tab and trying to go to another website just times out, egg-timer stays on screen.

Thanks for the input anyway Tas, it only happens once in a blue moon...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.