HDM 12 Suite and BMB updates

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Robin A., Jun 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

There are updates available for Hard Disk Manager 12 Suite and Boot Media Builder, 10.1.19.15808_000, 14 June 2012.

2. focus

focus Registered Member

Thanks for the info.

3. dfw

dfw Registered Member

I have just updated to 10.1.19.15808_000, it seems that this new version is having trouble recognizing some backups which were completed with the previous version, this happens in winpe and running in windows.

Error
    Uninstall 10.1.19.15808_000 and reinstall previous version and all is OK.

Any one else having the same problem??.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  4. wptski

wptski Registered Member

I just tried it. I have seven archives but the only ones that it'll open is the two oldest from February. I'll bet these two are from HDM11S and the ones from HDM12 are the ones it can't open.

Have you opened a ticket with Paragon on this issue?

I just created a ticket.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  5. dfw

dfw Registered Member

No I have not as yet, all my backups were created with with HDM12, the last version, I will contact Paragon to open a ticket, but if you get get some feedback from Paragon in the meantime could you post back.

6. Robin A.

I can´t reproduce this. The new version opens all the images I have created with the previous versions, both 11 and 12. I also verified some of them, no problems found.

I worked from a boot WinPE USB stick created with the 15808 version of BMB, with USB 3.0 drivers added. The images are on external USB disks.

I noticed a change in the interface, the defrag program is not present anymore. This is good, it was useless and dangerous.

7. wptski

wptski Registered Member

I sure will. I hope they respond quickly as maybe I don't have a working backup route to take right now.

I'll have to boot up the WinPE created disc that I created before they went to the BMB replacement to see how/if that still works.

8. dfw

dfw Registered Member

I found that worked well, I also created a Linux recovery USB with the new version, that also worked and seen all backups, just to confuse me more.

My backups are on a HDD which I use via a sata dock using AHCI, I also have copy's on a internal Sata AHCI, I wonder if there is some driver issue, but the linux recovery can see then fine.

9. wptski

wptski Registered Member

My WinPE disc from 15177 build prior to BMB won't read my HDM11S archives either! Hmm, something I didn't know about and so much for backward program compatibility too. From Windows using the latest build, it was just the opposite, I read the HDM11S archives but not the HDM12S archives!

10. Robin A.

I don´t know how this works exactly, but I suppose the drivers are in the AIK. So, as long as the same AIK is used to build the WinPE, the drivers should remain the same, even if different versions of HDM are used. Of course, additional drivers can be added in the building process.

11. wptski

wptski Registered Member

How can it be a HD driver problem when it can read "some" of the archives?

In my case my archives are on a BlacX 5G USB 3.0 docking station.

12. wptski

wptski Registered Member

I reinstalled the 15177 build again and the BMB won't read the same two archives which I "think" are from HDM11S since the file date is before the file date of HDM12S. From Windows, all is fine!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  13. Paragon_MA

Paragon_MA Paragon Moderator

14. wptski

wptski Registered Member

I don't have the 15808 build installed right now but how can it even switch to file mode when it doesn't recognize the archive? It errors when you select the archive so your stopped right there.

15. dfw

dfw Registered Member

Using 10.1.19.15808_000 in windows I can restore files from the backup that the 10.1.19.15808_000 Winpe recovery cannot read.

Screen shot of the same backup in winpe.

Attached Files:

16. wptski

wptski Registered Member

Hmm, I would have that it wasn't going to work! Even more confusing.o_O

I just tried build 15808 and it would only recongnize my HDM11S archives not my HDM12S archives but although it appeared to move a file, it didn't! I've have used this in the past to recover a file and it did work.

Using the 15808 BMB. I get the same error as the other user did on all my HDM12S archives but on the two HDM11S archives, it neither generates the error or recongnizes them.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  17. Paragon_MA

what happens when you select .pfi file?

18. dfw

dfw Registered Member

Same error "This is not a archive file" and only the pfi is showing as in the screen shot.

However I then rebooted back into winpe and both the PBF and the PFI files were showing, still errors on the PFI and archive folder but the PBF showed backup archive, that's the first time the PBF has shown itself ??

19. Paragon_MA

Take a look at screenshot above.
    Switch "Files of type: Archive files" to "All files" or "All archive files" and you're done.
    "Archive files" means file-level archives.

20. wptski

wptski Registered Member

What's the difference that I'm getting with HDM11S archives then?

What about from Windows as the same error comes up? I should be able to extract a file from an archive but can't.

Remember this wasn't an issue with the 15177 build.

EDIT:
    Your suggestion makes no difference from the BMB(WinPE) as the same error comes up for the HDM12S archives and nothing comes up for the HDM11S archives.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  21. dfw

dfw Registered Member

Agreed if I use view all files then I can see PBF,PFI and other archive files, the point wptski and I are trying to make is that 10.1.19.15808_000 is still showing errors when you click on some backups from 15177 build.

Using file veiw to browse for a archive as soon as you click on a archive folder that was created by HDM the archive details would show up in the Archive File Details pain below, I am sure it has always been that way since I been using HDM for the last few monthso_O, now using 15808 on 15177 backups it is not the case, click on the folder and it errors, show all files and selecting the PBF file the archive details appear, it also errors on the PFI file, it does not error on the main folder or the PFI file if you use 15177 to view/restore a 15177 backup for me.

To restore before all I need do was to select the arcive folder then restore, now it seems I have to browse for a part of the archive that does not error.

Or could I be doing something wrong?, you tell me as I new to HDM.

If I am not explaining it well I be happy to post screen shots of both versions on a 15177 archive.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  22. Robin A.

These are the changes in the "major mid-year update" 15808: http://blog.paragon-software.com/.

Nothing special for HDM Suite. Another change, not mentioned in the blog, is that the defragmenter is gone (at least in the Suite).

23. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Did any of you get an email about new version of BR free 2012?

New and key features in the latest Backup & Recovery 2012 Free:
    New! Windows 8 support

It claims to be win8 compatible.

It isn't.

Neither is the latest version of HDMPro 12

24. dfw

dfw Registered Member

Just what I was looking for, going by that there should be no problems, I think I will start again with the upgrade and see how it works out.

Thank you.

25. Paragon_MA

What happens when you switch to "All files" view and select PBF file from HDM11S archive? I think everything works fine.

That's because you select PFI file instead of PBF

We've pointed some incompatibility issues with 15177 and 15808 PFI files. Right now we're trying to fix them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.