HDM 12 Suite and BMB updates

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Robin A., Jun 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wptski

wptski Registered Member

JDG:

The underscore comes from the installer just like I mentioned above that I have two folders from HDM11S with slightly different names. I wouldn't worry about the name but the errors are another story.

It's very common for uninstallers to leave leftovers. That's why some suggest using a registry cleaner but they can be more trouble than they are worth! I stopped using them when one screwed up my McAfee product.

2. dfw

dfw Registered Member

I see that Build 0.1.19.15839_000 has been released on 19-07-2012, cant see anything on the blog or find a change log about what has changed or been updated, any ideals??

I have not installed it yet.

3. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

4. Robin A.

Additional comment.

Paragon programs still don´t have an "align partition" option. Partitons are aligned as part of another operation (create, move, etc.), but an existing partition can´t be aligned without performing other operation on it.

The "align partition" option exists in MiniTool Partiton Wizard.

5. dfw

dfw Registered Member

Thanks

6. wptski

wptski Registered Member

This version's BMB/WinPE has the same problem reading the archived files as metioned earlier in this thread. It reads the 15808 build but not the 15177 build although it will read the PBF files.

I've asked but it was never answered if one can restore an archive by selecting a PBF file? As time goes on, I won't have any 15177 archives worth going back to anyway!

7. dfw

dfw Registered Member

So I just found out also.

8. Robin A.

I am not sure what you mean. I always restore an image by selecting the PBF file.

9. wptski

wptski Registered Member

The default from WinPE shows Archive Files, select your archive, click Next, etc. I've never selected the PBF file for the half-dozen or so restores I've done in the past.

10. Robin A.

The method I have always used in this:

On the window "Browse for Archive", I expand the folder that contains the image (click on "+"), the select the PBF. When I do this, the image description appears and the "Next" button becomes available (not grayed-out).

11. wptski

wptski Registered Member

Doesn't the archive's description show when the window opens with the default once your storage drive is selected?

12. Robin A.

No. I browse for the image, selecting first the drive and then the partition that contains the image that I want to restore. The partition contains other files and images created with other programs.

Each image is in a separate folder (for security). The image description only appears when I select a folder that contains a Paragon image, expand it, and then select the PBF file.

I use the same procedure with other image programs.

13. wptski

wptski Registered Member

The external HD I use for my archives isn't partitioned. It must be because of the way your setup or something else as I see my description as soon as I select the archive.

14. dfw

dfw Registered Member

Robin A & wptski

Do you create you system backups from withing windows or using the the recovery Winpe.

The reason I ask is I have noticed that the archive location or folder may or may not show the archive details depending on how the backup was created, and may also depend if you are browsing for a backup using winpe or from inside windows, I am not 100% I am right on this, so just checking how you do this.

15. Robin A.

Yes, I suppose you´re right.

I do all the operations from the WinPE medium (USB stick usually). I don´t even keep the Windows version installed. I store the images in partitioned external USB disks, mixed with other files and other images.

16. wptski

wptski Registered Member

I backup from Windows which has always restored from WinPE except that one time which I've mentioned a few times in different threads.

As I remember from WinPE the date/time stamp are wrong too.

17. dfw

dfw Registered Member

Probably the same thing when I very first posted when 15808 was released and I had 15177 backups.

So to test it I created 2 backup using version 15839 in windows and using the winpe recovery usb drive, booted into recovery usb again and both archive details are show when I selected the archive folders.

Using Winpe created with 15839 and selecting a backup created with a say 15177 or 15808 in both windows and winpe, the archive details will not show when you select the archive folder, the details will not show until you expand the folder and select the PBF file, you could then restore.

It's got to be a version quirk

18. wptski

wptski Registered Member

That's just the same issue as before but I "think" that it has a problem with the 15177 builds only. I didn't this with 15808 builds. I think that I deleted my last 15177 build archive on my HD to make room so I should be done with this quirk. I do have another HD full of archives from last year but those probably aren't worth keeping anyway.

19. dfw

dfw Registered Member

Yes I think you are right, I still have a few 15177 backups, but as you said they have now been superseded by the latest backups.
    I guess I must of noticed it more as I started using HDM 15177 then 15808 when I dropped ATI.
    But all is working perfect now.

20. wptski

wptski Registered Member

Dropped ATI??

21. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Acronis True Image - another imaging program.

22. wptski

wptski Registered Member

I see! I used that on my old XP laptop but read bad things about it which led me to Paragon products.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.