Tried to purchase; does Soft4Ever actually want to sell licences?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by FanJ, Jun 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

We recently had the thread from act8192 in the "other firewalls" sub-forum:
    LookNstop requires my identity??

I decided to try it too about 48 hours ago. No luck :thumbd:

Yes, I received two confirmations emails from looknstop_en [AT] nexway.com; one called "Invoice Look'n'Stop", the other one called "Your order Look'n'Stop".

The latter one says "You will receive your activation code from the editor Soft4Ever in a few minutes." Well, I did not receive any activation code. No further email at all did I receive. :thumbd:

Next that same email says "If not, please contact the editor by the contact form at this adress : http://www.looknstop.com/En/support.htm ".

Well, I did send an email using that site some 24 hours ago. No reply :thumbd:

Have a look again at that other thread.
    In reply # 6 the advice has been given to go to:
    http://looknstop.nexway.eu/contact.html
    If that is indeed a better site for purchasing problems, than it should have been mentioned in the confirmation email instead of the site I mentioned above.

I called my bank this evening to check whether the money was already booked; no, it wasn't, they told me.
    Strange because the confirmation email doesn't tell anything about "you have to wait x days".

I decided that I had enough of it.
    So I did send an email to looknstop_en [AT] nexway.com , requesting to cancel my order and to refund the money. No reply. :thumbd:

It is not my fault that the confirmation email
    1. does tell that you get an activation code in a few minutes;
    2. might give a wrong site to complain about purchase problems;
    3. does not tell that you might have to wait x days;
    4. does not tell anything like "this is an automatically made email, do not reply to it", if that is the case at all.

On a side note:
    An half hour before I tried to purchase a Look'n'Stop licence, I did buy a renewal for another program. Within minutes I got my new licence. This just to prove that it can be done.

2. ankupan

ankupan Registered Member

Hi,

I bought it just now only.

I got my license/serial within seconds only. :thumb:

3. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

LOL :)
    That link as dead as a doornial. Nobody answered. I doubt Nexway knows what they're doing and I doubt that the writers of LnS (Frederic?) know what's going on. I think LnS is abandoned. Forever.

That said, I bought PhantOm's rules and am using 30day trial. I might buy on the 28th day, but likely will have the same experience of NOBODY THERE TO CONTACT.

4. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

Just want to say that I bought a LnS license (and nice Pnanth0m's ruleset) some monthz ago and am a happy camper from then on win7x64. Just hope Frédéric will settle well with whatever was/is going in his live... This puristic firewall deserves a bright futur, imo. I also own a "lifetime" with Outpost FW pro but for now wiil wait before doing a sidestep through this one...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.