1 Site keeps unprotecting

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by too2busy, Dec 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. too2busy

too2busy Registered Member

When I go into SpywareBlaster after a reboot, it shows 1 site in restricted sites with protection disabled. Finding it in the list to check it to be protected is a real pain, since there are so many entries. Although you can right click and select 'Find Unprotected', I would suggest that the next version of SpywareBlaster be given a method that would allow ordering the sites such that the unprotected ones are grouped together and easier to find.

Also, perhaps you can address why the protection becomes disabled and how to stop the protection from being disabled.

The restricted site that has the protection disabled is 'CoolWebSearch(699), okulta.com'. I have run the Trend Micro CWShredder and it finds no occurence of CoolWebSearch on my computer. I have also blocked okulta.com in the IE tools as well as searched the cache to remove any entries for CWS and okulta (none found). Any suggestions?

Thanks for the great program, by the way! It's a standard on my computer along with other great spyware/malware/adware/firewall programs!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  2. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Could it be some other security application removing that entry for whatever reason?

3. ky331

ky331 Registered Member

it's a current conflict with SpyBot's IMMUNIZATION: each time you hit the IMMUNIZE button in SpyBot, it will REMOVE SpywareBlaster's protection of "CWS #699 okulta.com".

Such a conflict seems to happen every few months.

It's probably an indication that SpyBot believes that website is "dead", and on that basis, has removed "protection" from it. Perhaps this thread will call attention to that site, for SpywareBlaster's consideration.

If the one site UNprotected bothers you: EACH time, AFTER hitting the IMMUNIZE button in SpyBot, you will need to open SpywareBlaster to RE-enable all protection.

4. debbieandjon

debbieandjon Registered Member

5. W3140

W3140 Registered Member

re: SpyBot: I did not run Immunize under SpyBot. After attempting to disable
    'CoolWebSearch(699), okulta.com' and NOT initiating SpyBot IMMUNIZE, the restricted site remains unprotected. It's as if SpywareBlaster is unable to disable the site (or it really doesn't exist).

re: Avira conflict workaround: In my case, the inability to disable 'CoolWebSearch(699), okulta.com' became apparent until fter applying the referenced AVSS hotfix!

Any other suggestions? o_O

6. ishmoo21

ishmoo21 Registered Member

Weird Problem With Spyware Blaster 4.4

This problem didn't start immediately after I downloaded 4.4 but that is the version I have. I have everything checked on the restricted sites and it says everything is protected but if I restart or go into the program at a later time it says there is 1 item unprotected. The item is CoolWebSearch (699) okulta.com. Does anyone know why it is doing this. It does it on both of my laptops.

7. AlizeZ

AlizeZ Registered Member

SB showing 1 restricted `

Last week and this, I opened my SpywareBlaster to check for updates and notice (on my three computers) that all show "1 Restricted Site is Disabled."

I have had to enable this 1 item.

Does anyone know why this 1 Restricted item, for last week and this week, have shown as disabled, even though I keep enabling it?

Anyone else see the same?

First time I have noticed this happening.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  8. THE STEELERS

THE STEELERS Registered Member

I have been having the same exact problem and have run malwarebytes and found nothing,I too am trying to figure this out.

9. Xenu_Xenu

Xenu_Xenu Registered Member

I am having the identical problem, only one site and it is the same site, okulta.com.

I am also using Spybot and Avira with Spywareblaster.

Here is a hosts entry that might prove useful:

127.0.0.1 okulta.com
    127.0.0.1 okulta.com.pl

10. egeff

egeff Registered Member

I WAS having this problem, now it is worse when I tried to reinstall the new version, it is not working at all and nearly everything is disabled

11. Xenu_Xenu

Xenu_Xenu Registered Member

Boot to safe mode, then re-enable all protection.

12. avicenna

avicenna Registered Member

I am having the same problem. It occurs each time I access the internet using Firefox. First, the CWS site okulta.com is not protected. Then, shortly after, 200 some odd sites in Firefox are unprotected. I also have Spybot and, each time I go to the internet, 44,000 some odd files lose their immunization (all in
    Firefox). Spybot finds nothing in it's scans, Malwarebytes also finds nothing.

13. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Please check for and download the latest SpywareBlaster database updates. You should no longer experience this issue. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

14. ZoneIII

ZoneIII Registered Member

I have been having the same problem for quite a while and I check for the latest updates every few days. I have the latest updates right now but the problem persists. In other words, the latest updates do not fix the problem.

15. humble3d

humble3d Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.