NOD32 Giving Error

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by EddieW, Nov 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EddieW

EddieW Registered Member

WTF?? First, I have no idea where this program came from. I've not installed anything on my Vista system recently, yet I'm getting an error message from IE7 that NOD32 needs an update. Why do I have this program? I already have McAfee that I'm perfectly happy with. The last thing that was installed is Cisco's Clean Access Agent that's used to connect to Johns Hopkins' network (installed by one of the techs there). Could that be why NOD32 is installed? Thanks for any insight. - Eddie -

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

IE7 has nothing to do with NOD32, sounds more like you have been infected with something that's trying to trick you into downloading something else.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

We've seen a bunch of such reports even from people who have never had NOD32 installed. All seem that Microsoft has incorrectly blamed ESET instead of McAfee for this issue.

4. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

Is it just a false message from the Security Centre or is NOD32 actually installed in any way?

5. EddieW

EddieW Registered Member

Thanks for all the responses!

Seems M$ did its usual thorough job :cautious: , but they fixed whatever was wrong. The message disappeared on the last Windows Update.

Thanks again!

- Eddie -

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.