SU Run

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by TerryWood, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TerryWood

TerryWood Registered Member

Hi

Some help please

I have read a number of threads on the benefits of LUAs and SU Run.

I am currently running as an admin account with Run Safer on all internet facing applications.

Looking at SU Run I am having some difficulty in understanding a) how it works b) how to configure it once it is installed.

I have read the documentation on the SU Run web site and the Read Me text but I am still struggling

Questions

1) Do I still need SU Run if I have RunSafer on Internet facing applications?

2) Once I have installed SU RUN, up pops a configuration box with a "Typical User Configuration" button. Should I click this? If so what else is there to do to ensure I am running as a limited user? Remember my setup is as an Admin Account before installing SU Run.

Thanks for any help

Terry

2. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I found, if it's of any use for you, that EQS performs a masterful job at SRP and then some, not only that but a simple checkmark config change IMO is easier and user-friendly then drilling down thru gpdit.msc and going thru all those paces.

But, EQS is a HIPS, so it's a decision you must work with between one or the other. On a lighter note yet, SuRun is proven to be a great alternative to applying a configurable LUA to your XP system.

EASTER

3. Cosmo 203

Cosmo 203 Registered Member

This button restores the settings, so that they work for a typical user. On a new installation you have those settings anyway, so it does not matter.

Be noted, that I do not read this board regularly. There is a SuRun-thread, where you asked a question at the same day in another board. (So I know that you know.) Use this thread or the related board if you expect further answers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.