SU Run

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by TerryWood, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TerryWood

TerryWood Registered Member

Hi

Some help please

I have read a number of threads on the benefits of LUAs and SU Run.

I am currently running as an admin account with Run Safer on all internet facing applications.

Looking at SU Run I am having some difficulty in understanding a) how it works b) how to configure it once it is installed.

I have read the documentation on the SU Run web site and the Read Me text but I am still struggling

Questions

1) Do I still need SU Run if I have RunSafer on Internet facing applications?

2) Once I have installed SU RUN, up pops a configuration box with a "Typical User Configuration" button. Should I click this? If so what else is there to do to ensure I am running as a limited user? Remember my setup is as an Admin Account before installing SU Run.

Thanks for any help

Terry

2. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I found, if it's of any use for you, that EQS performs a masterful job at SRP and then some, not only that but a simple checkmark config change IMO is easier and user-friendly then drilling down thru gpdit.msc and going thru all those paces.

But, EQS is a HIPS, so it's a decision you must work with between one or the other. On a lighter note yet, SuRun is proven to be a great alternative to applying a configurable LUA to your XP system.

EASTER

3. Cosmo 203

Cosmo 203 Registered Member

This button restores the settings, so that they work for a typical user. On a new installation you have those settings anyway, so it does not matter.

Be noted, that I do not read this board regularly. There is a SuRun-thread, where you asked a question at the same day in another board. (So I know that you know.) Use this thread or the related board if you expect further answers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.